DAAD Postdoctoral Researchers International Mobility Experience (P.R.I.M.E.) Funding Programme, and applications are submitted till 1 February 2016. Applications are invited for DAAD P.R.I.M.E. funding programme i.e. postdoctoral Researchers International Mobility Experience (P.R.I.M.E.) available for outstanding postdoctoral researchers from all disciplines and nationalities. The funding consists of salaries instead of scholarships. Funding is provided for 18 months, in which 12 months have to be spent abroad and 6 months (re-integration phase) at a German university. The re-integration phase is mandatory. The German university administrates the salary during the whole funding period. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Germany and Abroad
Level: postdoctoral researchers
Field(s): Funding is provided in all disciplines. Course Level: Funding is available for postdoctoral researchers.
Deadline: 1 February 2016.
Funded By: The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) offers a new funding programme - co-financed by the Marie Curie Programme of the European Commission
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): DAAD Postdoctoral Researchers International Mobility Experience is targeted for Researchers of all nationalities can apply for this DAAD funding programme.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: The support is for 18 months, of which the first 12 months should be spent abroad (period abroad) and the remaining six months in Germany (reintegration phase).
‣ Scholarship covers:The funding consists of salaries instead of scholarships. The funding is made up of a lump sum travel allowance for the selected candidate and accompanying spouse or partner within the meaning of the law on civil partnerships and children in accordance with the set DAAD rates and the commitment for the employment at the selected German host university for the whole funding period. Successful applicants will be invited to an information seminar before the start of the funding, together with scholars at the end of their period abroad, alumni and representatives from the research field and business.
‣ The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) offers a new funding programme - co-financed by the Marie Curie Programme of the European Commission - for outstanding postdoctoral researchers from all disciplines and nationalities: „ DAAD Postdoctoral Researchers International Mobility Experience “ (P.R.I.M.E).
‣ The funding consists of salaries instead of scholarships. Postdoctoral researchers of all nationalities, who see their long-term career in Germany, will be given the opportunity to combine the association with a German university with a research stay abroad.
‣ Applications may be made by persons of all nationalities.
‣ Applications may be submitted before completion of the PhD. The PhD must, however, be completed before the start of the funding period.
‣ There are no restrictions as to the country of destination as long as the applicant has not stayed in the respective country for more than 12 months in total during the three years up to 1 February 2016.
‣ Appropriate host institutions in Germany and abroad must have been identified at the time of application. The contact with these institutions and the agreement on modalities are the responsibility of the applicant.
‣ The German host institution must confirm in writing that the postdoc will be employed for the whole funding period, should the application be successful. The necessary means will be made available to the German host institution through separate project funding.
‣ The university will appoint a mentor, who will inform the P.R.I.M.E. scholar during his/her stay abroad about developments at the institution and answer his/her queries so as to ensure successful reintegration at the end of the period abroad.
‣ It is expected that the German university shall indicate at the time of application the possibilities for the provision of longer-term perspectives for research at the institution following the DAAD funding.
‣ The DAAD offers a list of DAAD Postdoctoral Researchers International Mobility Experience (P.R.I.M.E.) contacts at German universities on its website, who can answer questions from potential applicants concerning their institution.
‣ The foreign host institution must be willing to support the postdoc in the realization of her/his research project.
‣ The type of support (office space, access to instruments, libraries etc.) has to be defined and a mentor appointed at the foreign host institution, who may be contacted should problems arise.
‣ Starting date is 1 September 2016. Alterations have to be justified and must be approved by DAAD.
‣ The “Rules of good scientific practice” and ethical guidelines of the program must be accepted.
Selection Criteria for DAAD Postdoctoral Researchers International Mobility Experience
‣ The performance based assessment will take into account:
‣ Rejected applicants will receive feedback summarizing the most important strengths and weaknesses of their application.
‣ Successful applicants will receive information on further procedures including the invitation to an information seminar.
‣ Reserve candidates will receive an interim reply. The German host institutions of the successful candidates will be notified by the DAAD.
‣ They will then resolve the remaining open issues with the applicants and apply for project funding to finance their positions.
‣ Following the approval by the DAAD funding can start, 1 September 2016 being the envisaged start date.
‣ Applicants could apply via online.
‣ Once the application form has been completed, all other application documents, if not stated otherwise, can be uploaded.
‣ All documents for upload must be in pdf format. If not stated otherwise, all documents must be submitted in English as the selection process will be conducted by an international commission.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 1 February 2016.
‣ Call for applications 2016 (German)
‣ Call for applications 2016 (English)
‣ The new call for applications was announced on 16 November 2015. Application deadline: 1 February 2016 Earliest starting date for funding: 1 September 2016
The application form is available at the application portal. To get to the portal please click on Stipendiendatenbank für Deutsche, fill in Fachrichtung (subject of your research), Zielland (country of the period abroad) and Status "Promovierte" (position), and select the programme.
Please mind the instructions on registering on the portal, choose English as portal language, activate, if necessary, the compatibility view of your browser and choose English as browser language.
After registration in the portal, please click on the tab "personal funding".
Please note that the selection committee will only consider applications that are complete and submitted prior to the given deadline.
Information for applicants/FAQs
Curriculum vitae (EU standard)
Declaration German host university (form 1)
Ethical-Issues-Table (form 2)
Choosing the host institutions
The contact to the envisaged foreign host and to the German university must be established by the applicant. To get an overview of recent research topics and international cooperations of German Universities, we recommend DAAD’s/DFG’s Research Explorer and the Research map, a service provided by the German Rectors’ Conference.
Hereafter please find a list of German universities, listed in alphabetical order, which have already nominated a contact person for the P.R.I.M.E. programme:
Please be aware that other German universities that did not specifically nominate a contact person are equally eligible as host institution for a P.R.I.M.E. fellowship.
Information for the German host university
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.