DAAD Master Scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance, Germany, and applications are submitted till 31st July 2014. DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) is funding master scholarships in Public Policy and Good Governance at German institution in Germany. A monthly scholarship rate of currently 750 € will be awarded. Scholarships also provide health insurance, travel allowance as well as a study and research subsidy and in applicable cases accommodation subsidies and/or family allowances. Student must have first university degree. Scholarships are available to both for young graduates without professional experience and for mid-career professionals. The courses are taught in German and English language. Students must have university degrees that have been obtained during the six years before applying the scholarship. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Germany
Level: Master Degree (Scholarships are for Master courses at a German institution of higher education. Before taking up Master studies the scholarship holders will be placed on German courses for normally 6 months (this also applies to scholarship holders in Master courses taught in English).The language courses take place at selected institutes in Germany and not at the universities.)
Field(s): DAAD Master Scholarships are provided in disciplines that are of special relevance for the social, political and economic development of applicant’s home country.
Deadline: 31st July 2014.
Funded By: DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): DAAD Master Scholarships are targeted for Students of Africa (Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo-Brazzaville, Congo-Kinshasa, Cote d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, São Tomé and
Príncipe, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia, Zimbabwe), Latin America( Argentina, Belize, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Uruguay, Venezuela, South Asia (Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka), Southeast Asia(Brunei, Cambodia East Timor, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar (Burma), Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam) as well as from countries in the Middle East( Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Yemen) can apply for this DAAD International scholarship.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: The scholarships are for two-year Master courses (in some cases one-year courses) at a range of eight carefully selected PPGG courses at prestigious German institutions of Higher Education. The majority of these courses are taught in English or partly in English.
‣ Scholarship covers(DAAD Master Scholarships): DAAD pays a monthly scholarship rate of currently 750 €. The scholarship also includes contributions to health insurance in Germany. In addition, DAAD grants an appropriate travel allowance as well as a study and research subsidy and in applicable cases rent subsidies and / or family allowances. DAAD-scholarship holders are exempt from tuition fees.
DAAD Master Scholarships
‣ This programme is designed to further qualify future leaders in politics, law, economics and administration according to the principles of Good Governance and to prepare them in a praxis-oriented course for their professional life.
‣ The programme offers very good graduates with a first university degree the chance to obtain a Master’s degree in disciplines that are of special relevance for the social, political and economic development of their home country.
‣ With the knowledge and experience acquired in Germany the scholarship holders should later contribute to the establishment of democratically oriented economic and social systems aimed at overcoming social tensions. In addition, the training at German institutions of higher education should especially qualify the scholarship holders as partners in political and economic cooperation with Germany.
‣ The DAAD Master Scholarships scheme is open to candidates from Africa, Latin America, South Asia, Southeast Asia as well as from countries in the Middle East.
‣ Very well qualified graduates with a first university degree (Bachelor or equivalent) who in the future want to actively contribute to the social and economic development of their home countries.
‣ The scholarships are offered both for young graduates without professional experience and for mid-career professionals.
DAAD Master Scholarships
‣ In addition to the completed undergraduate studies (Bachelor or equivalent) and the study results, the main criterion for selection is a convincing description of the subject-related and personal motivation for the study project in Germany and the expected benefit after the return to the home country.
‣ For Master courses taught in German or in German and English, good knowledge of German (ideally at completed A 2 level at the time of application) is an advantage for being able to pass the German language test required for admission to the Master programme at the end of the six-month preparatory German course.
‣ For all courses proof of good knowledge of English (is required. For more details please check the admission requirements for the selected course listed below.
‣ The university degree should have been obtained during the six years before the application for the scholarship.
‣ Applicants cannot be considered if they have been in Germany for more than 15 months at the time of application.
‣ All Master courses have further additional requirements that must be fulfilled by the applicants at any case.
‣ The main criterion for selection for DAAD Master Scholarships is a convincing description of the subject-related and personal motivation for the study project in Germany and the expected benefit after the return to the home country.
‣ Successful candidates will be informed in December 2013 or at the latest in January 2014.
‣ Please hand in your application papers in duplicate (one original set and one copy) and indicate, that you are applying for the PPGG Programme!
‣ The necessary documents are:
‣ Applications have to be made for one of the Master courses at the DAAD Offices or diplomatic and consular representations of the Federal Republic of Germany.
‣ You can indicate a second and third choice from the list. Studying on a Master course not included in the list cannot be funded within this programme.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 31st July 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Application form https://www.daad.de/westbank_gaza/scholarships.html
You may also like