DAAD Master Scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance in Germany , and applications are submitted till 31st July 2016. DAAD(German Academic Exchange Service) is funding master scholarships in Public Policy and Good Governance at German institution in Germany. A monthly scholarship rate is 750 €. Scholarships also provide health insurance, travel allowance as well as a study and research subsidy and in applicable cases accommodation subsidies and/or family allowances. Student must have first university degree. Scholarships are available to both for young graduates without professional experience and for mid-career professionals. The courses are taught in German and English language. Students must have university degrees that have been obtained during the six years before applying the scholarship. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): at a German institution of higher education | Germany
Level: Master courses at a German institution of higher education. Before taking up Master studies the scholarship holders will be placed on German courses for normally 6 months (this also applies to scholarship holders in Master courses taught in English).The language courses take place at selected institutes in Germany and not at the universities.
Field(s): in disciplines that are of special relevance for the social, political and economic development of applicant’s home country.
Deadline: The next application deadline is 31st July 2016
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): DAAD Master Scholarships for Public Policy data-custom-mark="true" data-custom-mark="true" is targeted for Students of Africa (Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, 6 Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo-Brazzaville, Congo-Kinshasa, Cote d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea,
Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria,
Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, São Tomé and Príncipe, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia, Zimbabwe), Latin America(
Argentina, Belize, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Peru, |
Puerto Rico, Uruguay, Venezuela, South Asia (Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka), Southeast Asia(Brunei, Cambodia East Timor, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar (Burma), Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam) as well as from countries in the Middle East( Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Yemen) can apply for this DAAD Master Scholarships for Public Policy..
‣ No. of awards: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Tenure : The DAAD Master Scholarships for Public Policy is for two-year Master courses (in some cases one-year courses) at a range of eight carefully selected PPGG courses at prestigious German institutions of Higher Education. The majority of these courses are taught in English or partly in English.
‣Value of Scholarship : DAAD pays a monthly scholarship rate of currently 750 €. The scholarship also includes contributions to health insurance in Germany. In addition, DAAD grants an appropriate travel allowance as well as a study and research subsidy and in applicable cases rent subsidies and / or family allowances. DAAD-scholarship holders are exempt from tuition fees.
‣ This DAAD Master Scholarships for Public Policy programme is designed to further qualify future leaders in politics, law, economics and administration according to the principles of Good Governance and to prepare them in a praxis-oriented course for their professional life.
‣ Very good graduates with a first university degree get the chance to obtain a Master’s degree in disciplines that are of special relevance to the social, political and economic development of their home country.
‣ The knowledge and experience acquired in Germany should enable the scholarship holders to later contribute to the establishment of democratically oriented economic and social systems aimed at overcoming social differences.
‣ In addition, the training at German institutions of higher education should qualify the scholarship holders to become partners in the political and economic co-operation with Germany.
‣ With this programme, DAAD intends to contribute to the support of good governance and civil society structures in selected partner countries and regions.
‣ Very well qualified graduates with a first university degree (Bachelor or equivalent) who in the future want to actively contribute to the social and economic development of their home countries.
‣ The scholarships are offered both for young graduates without professional experience and for mid-career professionals.
‣ In addition to the completed undergraduate studies (Bachelor or equivalent) and the study results, the main criterion for selection is a convincing description of the subject-related and personal motivation for the study project in Germany and the expected benefit after the return to the home country.
‣ For Master courses taught in German or in German and English, good knowledge of German (ideally at completed A 2 level at the time of application) is an advantage for being able to pass the German language test required for admission to the Master programme at the end of the six-month preparatory German course.
‣ For all courses proof of good knowledge of English (is required. For more details please check the admission requirements for the selected course listed below.
‣ The university degree should have been obtained during the six years before the application for the scholarship.
‣ Applicants cannot be considered if they have been in Germany for more than 15 months at the time of application. All Master courses have further additional requirements that must be fulfilled by the applicants at any case.
Selection Criteria for DAAD Master Scholarships for Public Policy
‣ The main criterion for selection is a convincing description of the subject-related and personal motivation for the study project in Germany and the expected benefit after the return to the home country.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Please submit your application for the selected Master courses and for the DAAD scholarship directly to the respective university. The application period at all 8 universities lasts from June 1st to July 31st 2016.
‣ You are allowed to submit your application for up to two Master courses listed. Please fill in the DAAD appliction form only once indicating the study courses in their order of priority. Please send this same application form and the necessary documents listed, to all three universities of your choice.
‣ You are allowed to submit your application to up to three Master courses listed below.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date : The next application deadline is 31st July 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.