Curtin Research Fellowships for International Applicants, Australia , and applications are submitted till Monday 08 August 2016 at 9:00am (GMT +8:00) . Applications are invited for Curtin Research Fellowships for commencement in 2016. Applicants who are not Australian citizens are encouraged to apply. Prospective Fellows must be able to demonstrate an exceptionally strong record of research, according to opportunity. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Curtin University | Australia
Level: Fellowship is available to undertake research.
Field(s): Curtin University has research strengths in the following areas: Minerals and energy, ICT and emerging technologies, Health and Sustainable development.
Deadline: Monday 08 August 2016 at 9:00am (GMT +8:00)
Funded By: Curtin University, Australia
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2016 Curtin Research Fellowships is targeted for both Australian and Non-Australian citizens are eligible to apply for this fellowship. However, applicants who are not Australian citizens are encouraged to apply.
‣ No. of awards: For 2016, Curtin will offer up to twelve (12) fixed-term fellowships in total.
‣ Scholarship Tenure : Curtin Research Fellowships will be for a period of up to four years as a research-only appointment. With the support of the Recruiting Area a Research Fellowship may be awarded for five years on the basis of an
80 percent research and 20 percent teaching appointment (with 20 percent of the total cost of employment provided by the Recruiting Area).
of Scholarship : ECR
Fellows will generally be remunerated at the ALB salary scale with
the appointment for the first year being made at the first point of
the scale. Senior Research Fellows will generally be remunerated at
the ALC salary scale with the appointment for the first year being
made at the first point of the scale. Any exceptions must be
negotiated with the relevant Head of Area. Increments within the
salary level are awarded annually.
-Curtin employee benefits include up to 17 percent employer superannuation contribution, a comprehensive salary packaging program, and flexible and family friendly work practices.
-Research support of up to $15,000 will be provided in the first year and support of up to $10,000, $3,000 and $2,000 respectively will be provided in years two, three and four. It is expected that the Fellow’s research record will move progressively towards self-funding during the four year appointment period through success in externally-funded grant applications.
University established the Research Fellowship Scheme in 1997 to
support the University’s commitment to be a research intensive
scheme is highly competitive and amongst the most prized university
Fellowship schemes in Australia.
call for Curtin Research Fellowships
in 2015, for commencement in early 2016, refers to a targeted
research-only Fellowship with two streams: Early Career Research
Fellowships (for suitably qualified applicants who have been awarded
a PhD on or after 1 March 2010) and Senior Research Fellowships.
Fellows must be able to demonstrate an exceptionally strong record of
research, according to opportunity.
‣ Applicants must have been awarded a research doctoral degree (equivalent to an Australian PhD degree), and preference will be given to external applicants and applicants who have joined Curtin University within approximately two years of the closing date for applications.
‣ Applicants who are not Australian citizens are encouraged to apply.
‣ Applicants are required to contact the relevant Head of Recruiting Area in which they propose to undertake the research, prior to submitting the application, to discuss the proposed research program and obtain advice on the research priorities for the Recruiting Area.
‣ Preference will be given to applicants with strong strategic alignment.
‣ Applications without a certification form bearing the signature of the appropriate Head of Recruiting Area to confirm approval for support will not be considered.
‣ Applicants for ECR Fellowships must nominate a mentor associated with the Recruiting Area. This should be done in discussion with the Head of Recruiting Area. To broaden your research experience it is suggested that the mentor not be your doctoral supervisor.
Selection Criteria for Curtin Research Fellowships
‣ Demonstrated research excellence relative to opportunity as measured by competitive achievement (ECR) or by internationally competitive achievement (Senior Research Fellows).
‣ Demonstrated research capability that aligns well with strategic research directions of the University and Host Area.
‣ Demonstrated potential to enhance Curtin’s research performance through success in attracting research income (particularly national competitive research grant funding) and generating high quality publications.
‣ Ability to make a substantial contribution to postgraduate research student supervision.
‣ Demonstrated effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, with emphasis on the ability to present and communicate research outcomes.
‣ Demonstrated capacity to work as part of a research team.
‣ Demonstrated leadership potential (ECR) or leadership skills (Senior Research Fellows).
‣ Potential to enhance Curtin University’s research capacity and capability.
‣ Preference will be given to external applicants and applicants who have joined Curtin University within approximately two years of the closing date for applications.
‣ Demonstrated commitment to Occupational Safety and Health and Equal Employment Opportunity principles and practice.
‣ Applicants will be advised of the outcome by late September 2016.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ All applications must be completed and submitted using the online application system unless you qualify for the Curtin Research Fellowship 2016 – FastTrack Option.
Note: Your application is not lodged until you have received an acknowledgement email from the Office of Research and Development confirming receipt of your application and required documents
Successful applicants will be appointed as a staff member within the recruiting area sponsoring the fellowship application. It is therefore critical that the potential fellow liaise directly with the appropriate head of recruiting area prior to submitting an application to ensure that the proposed project and activities align with the area’s strategic plan. Applications without the signature of the appropriate head of recruiting area to confirm support will not be considered.
The fellowships are not restricted to Australian citizens.
Applicants must have completed a research doctoral degree.
If you have recently applied for an ARC/NHMRC Fellowship scheme and would like to be considered for a Curtin Research Fellowship, Curtin invites you to submit your full ARC/NHMRC application by selecting the Fast Track Option in the online application system.
Enquiries should be directed to the Office of Research and Development on +61 8 9266 4248 or ORD-Grants@curtin.edu.au
Fellowship Online Application SystemApplications Open: Wednesday 06 July 2016 at 9:00am (GMT +8:00)Applications Close: Monday 08 August 2016 at 9:00am (GMT +8:00)
‣ Scholarship Applications due Date: Applications Open: Wednesday 06 July 2016 at 9:00am (GMT +8:00); Applications Close: Monday 08 August 2016 at 9:00am (GMT +8:00)
‣ Application forms ( Online Application )
and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.