Competing claims on natural resources training at Wageningen UR Centre for Development Innovation. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country: Wageningen UR Centre for Development Innovationy)| Netherlands
Level: Short Term Training
Field(s): Short course in natural resources
Deadline: 20 January 2014; Deadline NFP: 01 October 2013
Funded By/ Organized : Wageningen UR Centre for Development Innovation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Nuffic - the Netherlands Fellowship Programme (NFP) is open for nationals of certain countries.
‣ Award No: Not Specified.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Mon 3 March until Fri 14 March
‣ Scholarship covers: See Nuffic website.
‣ Conventional approaches tend to perceive either the state, or the community, or the market as being capable of offering easy solutions to resource conflicts. Practice, however proves different.
‣ To deal with conflicting interests and power imbalances, you will need a competing claims approach on natural resources.
‣ This two week course provides you with tools for natural resource management, based on extensive research.
‣ You will apply them directly to case studies provided by participants.
‣ Managing conflict over the use of natural resources
Understanding the conflicts
‣ Population growth, changed consumption patterns, globalisation of natural resources markets, democratisation, new international conventions and protocols have a profound impact on the management of natural resources.
‣ Wageningen University has researched competing claims over natural resources over the years and developed new analytical models and insights in land and resource conflicts.
‣ Essential to this approach is to think in terms of competing claims.
‣ This implies rethinking current natural resources management paradigms and applying new analytical frameworks to better understand conflicts.
‣ This course offers first hand access to this knowledge. As a participant, you will be challenged to develop your skills by applying these insights to your own working environment.
‣ The overall aim is to contribute to sustainable resources management by building capacity to manage conflicts over natural resources.
‣ Upon completion you will be able to:
Target audience for Competing claims on natural resources training
‣ This course is aimed at resource managers, policy-makers, scientists, practitioners, private sector or civil society representatives; mid-career professionals who work in the field of natural resources management.
‣ Candidates should meet the following requirements: relevant tertiary education, at least five years of working experience in the NRM sector, competency in English.
Scholarship Application Method
Interested candidates for short course training on Competing claims on natural resources can apply to Centre for Development Innovation, Wageninen UR for admission to the training.
‣ ‣ For this course there is a limited number of fellowships available from Nuffic - the Netherlands Fellowship Programme (NFP) for nationals of certain countries(http://www.studyinholland.nl/scholarships/scholarships-administered-by-nuffic/netherlands-fellowship-programmes/nfp-country-list).
‣ Apply at the website of CDI, Wageningen UR: www.wageningenur.nl/cdi You will receive a confirmation and more information within a week. Early application is recommended as some procedures to finalise subscription (e.g. funding, visa) can take some time.
‣ If you want to apply also for a NFP Fellowship, check the eligibility at www.nuffic.nl/nfp. A limited number of scholarships is available.
‣ To apply for it, register at this website through Scholarships Online.
‣ As this application takes time and requires several documents, we recommend you to start it as soon as possible.
‣ Participants will be granted a Certificate of attendance. The programme of the course might change to incorporate new insights.
‣ Participants are expected to be proficient in English. Fee includes all course related costs (materials, excursions, administration). Accommodation: Hof van Wageningen, Wageningen, The Netherlands. For prices, see the cost estimate on our website.
‣ NFP Fellowships include travel and full board and lodging. CDI is unable to assist you in obtaining financial support.
‣ Scholarship Application Due date: 20 January 2014; Deadline NFP: 01 October 2013
For more information about Competing Claims on Natural Resources
Scholarship Tags: 2014, Nuffic, Short Term, Training, Natural Resources