Community Solutions Fellowship for developing Countries , and Applications are typically accepted from October through November of each year. IREX is accepting applications for the 2018-2019 Community Solutions Fellowship Program. Fellowships are open for developing countries is awarded for duration of four months at U.S. community-based non-profit or other organizations, government offices or legislative bodies. The Community Solutions Program is conducted as a merit-based open competition. Fellowships are open for developing countries is awarded for duration of four months. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Level: Fellowship is awarded for professional development program.
Field(s): Fellowship is provided for best and brightest global community leaders working in Transparency & Accountability, Tolerance & Conflict Resolution, Environmental Issues, and Women & Gender Issues.
Deadline:Applications are typically accepted from October through November of each year.
Funded By: CSP is a program of the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the U.S. Department of State, and implemented by IREX.
Beneficiaries(Target Groups):Community Solutions Fellowship is targeted for International Students like ..Africa: Democratic Republic of Congo, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Mozambique, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe
East Asia and the Pacific: Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam Europe: Albania, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Macedonia, Romania, Slovakia, and Turkey South and Central Asia: Bangladesh, Burma, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Maldives, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, and Turkmenistan Near East & North Africa: Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Syria, Tunisia, and West Bank/Gaza Western Hemisphere: Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Haiti, Paraguay, Peru, and Trinidad and Tobago
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowship is awarded for duration of four months.
‣ Scholarship covers: J-1 visa support -Round-trip travel from participant’s home city to the U.S. -Accident and sickness insurance -Living Allowance to cover housing, meals and incidentals
‣ The Community Solutions Fellowship program is a professional development program for the best and brightest global community leaders working in Transparency and Accountability; Tolerance and Conflict Resolution; Environmental Issues; and, Women and Gender Issues. Up to sixty-five eligible individuals will be selected to receive the 2015-2016 Community Solutions Program fellowship and will participate in:
-A Four-month U.S. Fellowship: Leaders are placed in U.S. community-based, non-profit or government offices across the U.S. where they work with American community leaders. -Community Leadership Institute (CLI): Leaders will develop practical leadership and organizational management skills through online and in-person training. -Follow-on Projects: Leaders, in partnership with their U.S. host organizations, will develop follow-on community development projects or initiatives to be completed upon return to their home countries.
Selection criteria for Community Solutions Fellowship
‣ The Community Solutions Program is conducted as a merit-based open competition.
‣ After the deadline, all eligible applications will be reviewed by a selection panel. Chosen semi-finalists will be interviewed by a panel and will take an English language exam or submit existing TOEFL or IELTS scores. All applicants will be notified of their status by spring 2015.
‣ Selection panels will use the following criteria to evaluate applications (not in order of importance):
‣ Finalists and alternates will be notified in February-March 2017.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: Applications are typically accepted from October through November of each year . Visit IREX for more information.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.