Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship. Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India offers Commonwealth Scholarship & Fellowship Plan for Indian students in the UK.
School(Institutions/ Country): UK Universities | UK
Level: Six month clinical training/research/specialization (for MBBS, BDS, MS, MD degree holders only) include: Cancer research, Cardiology (including cardiac surgery), Gynaecology Medicine, Dentistry, Orthopaedics, Neurology and Ear, Nose and Throat. -One year taught masters courses or equivalent degree and doctoral degree of Upto three years
Field(s): Engineering and Technology Science (Pure and Applied) Agriculture and Humanities and Social Sciences at UK Universities.
Deadline: The application deadline is 6th October, 2013 for applying online and 11th October, 2013 for receiving application in the Ministry by post /by hand.
Funded By: Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Commonwealth Scholarship & Fellowship is targeted for students of India.
‣ Award No: Up to Sixty five (65) nominations are to be sent to the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission for final selection to be made by them. Out of these not more than twenty six (26) scholarships are for doctoral studies.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarships are offered for the duration of the course.
‣ Scholarship covers: Each scholarship provides:
Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship
‣ Applications are invited from Indian nationals either online through http://mhrd.gov.in/ or on plain paper for nominations from India for the award of Commonwealth Scholarships in United Kingdom tenable from September/ October 2014 for higher studies/research/specialized training in the subjects mentioned in the United Kingdom.
‣ Up to Sixty five (65) nominations are to be sent to the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission for final selection to be made by them.
‣ Out of these not more than twenty six (26) scholarships are for doctoral studies.
The Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship candidate should not be more than 40 years of age as on 11.10.2013 and fulfill the minimum qualifications.
‣ Applicants in medicine and dentistry whose programme requires them to practice clinically, or to work in a laboratory department reporting on samples from Patents, can be considered only if they are eligible for registration with the General Medical Council or the General Dental Council.
‣ The candidates must have completed tertiary education in English Medium.
‣ One should hold or able to produce the certificate of Bachelor’s Degree by October, 2014 in the subject field concerned (indicated above) securing 60% or above marks in Humanities and Social Science group and 65% or above marks in Medical, Engineering and Technology, Science and Agriculture Group.
‣ The candidate should give one page academic justification for pursuing the course in U.K.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply online and by post or hand.
‣ Scholarship Applications Due Date: The application deadline is 6th October, 2013 for applying online and 11th October, 2013 for receiving application in the Ministry by post /by hand.
You may also like