Colombo Plan Scholarship. University of Auckland offers scholarship in Engineering for pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate degree level in New Zealand. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Auckland | New Zealand
Level: Undergraduate or Postgraduate Degree
Deadline: 31st March 2014.
Funded By: University of Auckland, New Zealand
Beneficiaries(Target Groups):Colombo Plan Scholarship is targeted for students of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Fiji, India, Indonesia, Iran, Japan, South Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, the United States of America and Vietnam.
‣ Award No: One scholarship is offered.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarship is offered for one year.
‣ Scholarship covers: $3,000
‣ The Scholarship was established in 2011 and is funded by alumni of the Faculty of Engineering who studied at The University of Auckland under the Colombo Plan, together with other donors.
‣ The main purpose of the Scholarship is to assist international students who are citizens of Colombo Plan member countries, to study undergraduate or postgraduate engineering programmes at The University of Auckland.
To vail Colombo Plan Scholarship, candidates must meet the following criteria:
‣ The Scholarship will be awarded to an international student who is a citizen of one of the following countries: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Fiji, India, Indonesia, Iran, Japan, South Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, the United States of America and Vietnam.
‣ Although Australia is a member country of the Colombo Plan, Australian citizens do not have international student status in New Zealand and so are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Students who have been offered a scholarship must meet all requirements for admission to their programme of study.
‣ The student will be required to pay all other fees and costs inherent in pursuing study at The University of Auckland as an international student.
‣ The basis of selection will be academic merit, financial need, community activities, communication skills, leadership potential and desire to contribute positively to the engineering profession.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply by post.
‣ Scholarship Applications Due Date: 31st March 2014.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ Approximately six weeks after the closing date by letter or email.
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2014, Auckland, Engineering, New Zealand, Scholarship, University