Coimbra Group is pleased to offer young researchers an opportunity to carry out part of their research work and spend a short stay at Coimbra Group University. Applicants from Sub-Saharan countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship.The Coimbra Group aims to increase co-operation amongst its members by enhancing special academic and cultural ties and creating channels of information and exchange. The main aim of this scholarship programme is to enable scholars to undertake research in which they are engaged in their home institution and to help them to establish academic and research contacts. Full details:
School (Institution / Country): | Europe (Denmark, Portugal, Spain, Austria, The Netherlands, Belgium, Italy and France).
Level: Short Period Research
Field(s): The scholarship is available for studying all disciplines offered by the host partner universities except University of Granada which offers program only in international relations for Administrative Staff.
Deadline: 31 th March 2016
Funded By: The Coimbra Group
Beneficiaries( Target Group): Coimbra Group Scholarship Programme is Open for the students of Sub-Saharan Africa.
Benefits( Value/ Inclusions):
‣ No. Awards: Aarhus University -2, University of Barcelona-1,University of Coimbra-2, University of Granada-1 and One for Administrative Staff, University of Graz-2, University of Groningen-3,University of Leuven- 2, University of Padova- 2, University of Poitiers-1 and University of Salamanca- 1.
‣ Scholarships Duration: University of Aarhus (Denmark):1 to 3 months, University of Barcelona (Spain): up to 3 months, University of Coimbra (Portugal):maximum 3 months, University of Granada (Spain):up to 3 months, University of Graz (Austria):up to 3 months, University of Groningen (The Netherlands):1 to 2 months, University of Leuven (Belgium):1 to 3 months, University of Padova (Italy):3 months, University of Poitiers (France):minimum 2 weeks, maximum one month and University of Salamanca (Spain):1 month.
‣ Coimbra Group Scholarship Programme Covers:
Scholarships covers according to the university:-
‣ The Coimbra Group Scholarship Programme for young African researchers aims to enable scholars to undertake research for a short research period (generally 1 to maximum 3 months) in which they are engaged in their home institution, at a selected Coimbra Group university, and to help them establish academic and research contacts.
‣ The following Coimbra Group universities are participating in the 2016-2017 edition of the scheme: University of Aarhus (Denmark) ; University of Barcelona (Spain) ; University of Coimbra (Portugal); University of Granada (Spain) ; University of Graz (Austria) ; University of Groningen (The Netherlands) ; University of Leuven (Belgium) ; University of Padova (Italy) ; University of Poitiers (France) ; University of Salamanca (Spain)
The young researchers will
undertake research (generally 1 to maximum 3 months) at participating
Coimbra Group universities. Researchers must be under 45 years of age
and holds nationality or current residents in a country in
Sub-Saharan Africa. Researchers must be current staff members of a
university or an equivalent higher education institution in
Sub-Saharan Africa and have postdoctoral or equivalent status.
Applicants must fill in the on-line application form before 30 th
Applicant must meet the following criteria to avail Coimbra Group Scholarship Programme.
‣ under the age of 45 -nationals of and current residents in a country in Sub-Saharan Africa
‣ current staff members of a university or an equivalent higher education institution in Sub-Saharan Africa -of postdoctoral or equivalent status. ‣ a limited number of grants are available for technical/administrative staff from African universities (please see the requirements of each individual university).
‣ in most universities the language of instruction is that of the country itself, but in most universities is possible to use English as the working language.
Scholarships Application Method
‣ Apply: Applicants must fill in the on-line(Sub-Saharan Africa ) application form before 30 March 2016.
‣ Candidates will be able to select one university only.
‣ Applicants should identify a research supervisor in the host university and provide his/her contact details in the application form.
‣ Applicants are expected to take contact with their research supervisor at the university of their choice and submit a letter/email of acceptance together with their application form which proves that the candidate has been accepted to carry out research under his/her supervision.
‣ Applications which do not fulfil this requirement will not be considered.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due by 30th March 2016.
‣ It is important to read the application guideline, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website