CiM-IMPRS PhD Fellowship for International Students in Germany, and applications are submitted till 9th May 2014. University of Munster and the Max Planck Institute for Molecular Biomedicine are offering PhD fellowship at University of Münster. Applicants must hold a Master’s degree, or equivalent (e.g. German Diploma), in life or natural sciences (e.g. biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, physics, chemistry, pharmacy or related fields), in mathematics or computer sciences. Successful applicants start their PhD project on October 1st. They will receive a tax-free 3-year fellowship of 1365-1468 € per month. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Münster | Germany
Level: PhD program
Field(s): PhD projects range from the analysis of basic cellular processes to clinical translation with a strong focus on state-of-the-art imaging. CiM-IMPRS PhD students study cellular behavior in cells, tissues, animal models or patients. Projects can also focus on the development of mathematical models or new imaging-related techniques and compounds.
Deadline: 9th May 2014.
Funded By: The CiM Graduate School of the ”Cells in Motion” Cluster of Excellence and theInternational Max Planck Research School – Molecular Biomedicine were merged to form one graduate program
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): CiM-IMPRS PhD Fellowship is targeted for any nationality
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowship is offered for 3-year.
‣ Scholarship covers: Successful applicants start their PhD project on October 1st. They will receive a tax-free 3-year fellowship of 1365-1468 € per month.
‣ The CiM-IMPRS PhD Fellowship program is jointly run by the University of Münster and the Max Planck Institute for Molecular Biomedicine.
‣ The CiM Graduate School of the ”Cells in Motion” Cluster of Excellence and the International Max Planck Research School – Molecular Biomedicine were merged to form one graduate program.
‣ Applicants must hold a Master’s degree, or equivalent (e.g. German Diploma), in life or natural sciences (e.g. biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, physics, chemistry, pharmacy or related fields), in mathematics or computer sciences.
‣ Applicants with a state examination in pharmacy can be admitted to work on pharmaceutical/chemical projects.
‣ Applications are also welcome if the required degree has not yet been awarded by the time of application.
‣ However, it has to be awarded before fellowships commence in October.
‣ Applicants who are not native speakers of English should demonstrate an adequate competence of the English language by one of the following options: 1) acceptable results in an internationally recognized test (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS) or 2) proven higher education in English or 3) reasonably long stay in an English speaking country or 4) simply demonstrating your English language abilities during presentations and interviews in Münster. Please note: Although an English proficiency test (TOEFL, IELTS) is not required it is very important that you can communicate well enough in English.
‣ This year the time between selection for interviews in May and the interviews in July is rather short (for organisational reasons. A final decision on acceptance to the program will be made a few days after the interviews. You will be informed about our decision by e-mail.
‣ Applicants are required to apply online.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 9th May 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like