CICOPS Scholarships for Developing Countries at University of Pavia, Italy , and applications are submitted till May 31st, 2016. Each year the University of Pavia and the Organisation for the Right to Education (EDiSU) offer 10 scholarships for visiting scholars for a period of stay of 4 to 10 weeks at the University of Pavia. The scholarships are available for both junior and senior members of universities in developing countries and members of major research centres and international organizations with specific interests in the field of development studies. Full details
School(Institutions/ Country): | Italy
Level: Scholarships are dedicated to professors and researchers who wish to carry out research with a professor at the University of Pavia.
Field(s): development studies.
Deadline: May 31st, 2016.
Funded By: The University of Pavia and the Organisation for the Right to Education (EDiSU)
‣ Award No: The University of Pavia and the Organisation for the Right to Education (EDiSU) provide 10 scholarships for 2017
‣ Scholarship Duration: CICOPS Scholarships are foreseen for research collaboration in the short period (from 4 to 10 weeks) in order to encourage the mobility of researchers from developing countries.
‣ Scholarship covers: Scholarship includes travel (economy class), board and lodging expenses and a pocket money of 150.00 Euro (gross) per week.
CICOPS Scholarships are targeted for Students of Following Countries: Students from developing countries can apply for the scholarship.
‣ The CICOPS Scholarships were designed for both junior and senior members of universities in developing countries or members of major research centres and international organizations with specific interests in the field of development studies.
‣ Since 1998, the University of Pavia and the Institute for University Studies (EDiSU) have offered about ten scholarships yearly for a four to ten week stay in Pavia, during which time the scholars carry out joint research with professors in the department that hosts them and often hold seminars.
‣ Academics and other researchers from developing countries who wish to carry out research in collaboration with a professor at the University of Pavia are welcome to apply. Applicants must have the support of a collaborator at the University of Pavia.
‣ Applicants must have either two years of either teaching experience or activity in international organisations and institution.
‣ CICOPS scholarships are foreseen for research collaboration in the short period (from 4 to 10 weeks) in order to encourage the mobility of researchers from developing countries and cannot be awarded in case of doctoral studies or enrollment in a Postgraduate course at an Italian University. Selection Criteria for 2016 CICOPS Scholarships
‣ Scientific and professional value being equal, preference will be given to applicants employed at Universities/Institutions linked to University of Pavia with a pre-existing Cooperation Agreement and to applicants from lower income economies, according to the World Bank list.
‣ The committee will rank the candidates and the scholarships will be assigned according to a principle of rotation among the departments.
Test Requirement: No
Language Requirement: Applicants must have good knowledge of the English Language.
‣ A decision will be taken by a Committee composed of the President of CICOPS and by two members designated by the Reactor by June 30th 2016.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ The students can apply online. Applications must be supported by a letter of invitation from a teacher of the University of Pavia, someone who would work with you on a joint research while in Pavia.
‣ Without a formal invitation from a professor of the University of Pavia your application will not be taken into consideration.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on May 31st, 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.