Churchill Fellowships for Australian Citizens in overseas Research Project in their chosen field and applications are submitted till 5.00pm AEST Friday 28 April 2017. A Churchill Fellowship offers Australian citizens the remarkable opportunity to travel overseas to investigate a topic or an issue that they are passionate about. It is for anyone who feels they have exhausted alternatives within Australia and would like to see what other countries are doing successfully in a similar space to inspire new ideas, innovation and excellence. More than 100 Fellowships will be available for award in 2017, each valued at $26,000*.Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country) :Oversea
Field(s): The fellow can chosen any field of interest.
Deadline: open Tuesday 28 February 2017 & clses 5.00pm AEST Friday 28 April 2017.
Funded by: The Trust Churchill
Beneficiaries(Target Group): Fellowship is open to Australian Citizens
‣ No. of Fellowships : In this program, over forty sponsored fellowships are offered each year.
‣ Fellowship Duration: Fellowships are remarkable opportunity to travel overseas for a minimum of four and a maximum of about six weeks.
‣ What does the fellowship cover?The value of every Fellowship is different as it is calculated based on the number of countries visited, the duration of the approved Fellowship and an estimated airfare. The average is currently well in excess of $20,000.
A Churchill Fellowship offers Australian citizens the remarkable opportunity to travel overseas to investigate a topic or an issue that they are passionate about.
It is for anyone who feels they have exhausted alternatives within Australia and would like to see what other countries are doing successfully in a similar space to inspire new ideas, innovation and excellence.The high international regard for Churchill Fellowships provides a pathway for Fellows to access expertise from around the world, expanding their knowledge and experience for the benefit of Australian society.There is a high level of visibility and credibility associated with being a Churchill Fellow.No prescribed qualifications are required in order to apply for a Churchill Fellowship, however the Fellowship is NOT designed to enable applicants to complete tertiary qualifications.The subject of the proposed project is limitless provided a benefit to Australia is evident and a willingness to share the knowledge gained with Australia is displayed.
More than 100 Fellowships will be available for award in 2017, each valued at $26,000*.
To qualify for Churchill Fellowships, candidates must full fill the following requirements:
‣ be an Australian Citizen over the age of 18
‣ not be enrolled in tertiary studies directly related to the topic of your proposed project
‣ have experience in and commitment to the field of your project
‣ have a project of 4 weeks to approximately 6 weeks length that requires overseas investigation
‣ be willing to disseminate the results of your research to the broader Australian community
‣ not have been awarded a Churchill Fellowship in the past
Scholarships Application Methods
‣ It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Scholarship postmarked applications are due by5.00pm AEST Friday 28 April 2017.
‣ After applications have closed all applicants are sent an official acknowledgement of receipt via email or post. Based on the initial assessment applicants are short-listed for interview.
‣ Applicants who have not been selected for an interview will be notified as soon as possible.