Chinese Government Scholarship-WMO Program , and applications are submitted till 29th January 2016. Chinese Government and WMO are offering new scholarships for international students to study in China. Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate, masters and doctoral degree programs in the Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology and the Hohai University in China.The WMO scholarship program supports undergraduate students for no more than 5 years, master students for no more than 3 years and doctoral students for no more than 4 years. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Hosting Countries): | China
Field(s): meteorology, hydrology, and water resources supervision & management in China.
Deadline: 29th January 2016
Funded By: Ministry of Education of P. R. China.
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Chinese Government Scholarship-WMO Program is targeted for international students
‣ Award No: not specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: This program supports undergraduate students for no more than 5 years, master students for no more than 3 years, or doctoral students for no more than 4 years.
Duration of the scholarship, which covers
both major study and Chinese language/preparatory study, as specified
in the Admission Letter, cannot be extended in general. Undergraduate
scholarship winners must register for Chinese-taught credit courses.
Graduate students can register for either Chinese-taught program or
English-taught program if applicable. Students of Chinese-taught
programs without adequate Chinese proficiency must take one-year
Chinese language/preparatory study and pass the required test before
moving on to major studies.
‣ Scholarship covers: This is a partial scholarship which covers
‣ Chinese Government Scholarship—WMO Program is a scholarship established by MOE for World Meteorological Organization (WMO) to sponsor international students to study and conduct research in meteorology, hydrology, and water resources supervision & management in China.
a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China,
and be in good health;
‣ be a high school graduate under the age of 25 when applying for undergraduate programs;
‣ be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for master’s programs;
‣ be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs.
‣ CSC reviews the placement results, approves the List of Scholarship Winners and sends the admission documents to WMO Secretariat before 15 June 2016.
Scholarship Application Method
to WMO Secretariat for CGS opportunity. It is your own responsibility
to consult WMO Secretariat for details and requirements of this
Program and make sure you are eligible for the scholarship.
‣ Apply to your target university for Pre-admission Letter once recommended by WMO Secretariat as an eligible candidate.
‣ Complete the online application procedure at CSC Online Application System for International Students, submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship and print a hard copy. Submit all your application documents to WMO Secretariat before the deadline.
applications of recommended candidates from WMO Secretariat will be
considered. No other applications or individual application directly
sent to CSC will be considered. Candidates holding Pre-admission
Letter will be placed in the host university; those without
Pre-admission Letter should accept CSC’s placement of university.
NOTE: You should consult WMO Secretariat for Instructions of CSC Online Application System for International Students and Agency Number.
Application Due Date: Applications
should be sent to CSC by WMO before 29th January
Application forms and
guidelines can be download from the official website
It is important to read
the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link
found below) for detailed information on how to apply