Chinese Government Scholarship-PIF Program , and applications are submitted between January and early April each year. The Ministry of Education of China offers number of scholarships to non-Chinese citizens from PIF member countries. Scholarships are available for undergraduate, masters, doctoral and general and senior scholars programs in all subjects.PIF Program is a full scholarship established by MOE to encourage students from Pacific island countries to study and conduct research in China. Full details
School(Institutions/ Hosting Countries): | China
Level: undergraduate, master, doctoral and general and senior scholars programs.
Field(s): all subjects
Deadline: between January and early April each year.
Funded By: Ministry of Education of P. R. China
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Chinese Government Scholarship-PIF Program is targeted for non-Chinese citizens from PIF member countries (Australia, Cook Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, New Zealand, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Republic of Marshall Islands, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu) can apply for the scholarship.
‣ Award No: not specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Chinese Government Scholarship-PIF Program are awarded for four to seven years for undergraduate study, two to five years for master’s studies, three to six years for doctoral studies and up to two years for general and senior scholars programs. Duration of the scholarship, which covers both major study and Chinese language/preparatory study, as specified in the Admission Letter, cannot be extended in general.
‣ Scholarship covers: The Program provides full scholarship which covers tuition waiver, accommodation, stipend, and comprehensive medical insurance. Please refer to Introduction to CGS-Coverage and Standard for details of each item. This scholarship also covers a one-way air ticket (economy class) for new scholarship recipient to China upon their first registration and a one-way air ticket (economy class) back to their country from China upon their graduation
‣ Chinese Government Scholarship—PIF Program is a full scholarship established by MOE to encourage students from Pacific island countries to study and conduct research in China. This program supports undergraduate students, graduate students, general scholars and senior scholars.
a citizen of a PIF member country, and be in good health;
‣ be a high school graduate under the age of 25 when applying for undergraduate programs;
‣ be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for master’s
‣ be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs;
‣ be under the age of 45 and have completed at least two years of undergraduate study when applying for general scholar programs;
‣ be a master’s degree holder or an associate professor (or above) under the age of 50 when applying for senior scholar programs.
Notification of Chinese Government Scholarship-PIF Program results
‣ CSC reviews the placement results, approves the List of Scholarship Winners and sends the admission documents to PIF Secretariat before July 31st.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply to PIF Secretariat for CGS opportunity. It is your own responsibility to consult PIF Secretariat for details and requirements and make sure you are eligible for the scholarship.
‣ Apply to your target university for Pre-admission Letter once recommended by the dispatching authorities as an eligible candidate.
‣ Complete the online application procedure at CSC Online Application System for International Students, submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship and print a hard copy.
‣ Submit all your application documents to PIF Secretariat before the deadline.
You can check: Application Documents for a detailed checklist.
‣ Only applications of recommended candidates from PIF Secretariat will be considered. No other applications or individual application directly sent to CSC will be considered. Candidates holding Pre-admission Letter will be placed in the host university; those without Pre-admission Letter should accept CSC’s placement of university.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date : The applicants should apply to Pacific Islands Forum (PIF) Secretariat between January and early April each year.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
2018, 2017 , FREE Scholarships, international , Fellowships