China-AUN Scholarship Program for ASEAN member countries in 2017-2018 academic sessioASEAN member countries in 2016-2017 academic session. Deadline: between January and the beginning of April. Ministry of Education of P.R. China (MOE) is awarding China/AUN scholarship program for ASEAN member countries in 2016-2017 academic session. This program supports master and doctoral programs at Chinese HEIs. China/AUN Scholarship Program established by MOE to encourage students from ASEAN member countries to study in China.The objective of the CSC is to provide, financial assistance to the Chinese citizens wishing to study abroad and to the foreign citizens wishing to study in China in order to develop the educational, scientific and technological, and cultural exchanges and economic and trade cooperation between China and other countries. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Chinese HEIs | China
Level: Postgraduate Degree
Field(s): Courses offered at Chinese HEIs at master’s level.Applicants who apply for courses instructed in Chinese are required to take one-year Chinese language course prior to the academic study if their Chinese is not qualified. Only by passing the examinations of the Chinese language course, could they start their major studies. For those taking the Chinese language preparatory courses, the scholarship duration will be extended automatically for one year
Funded by: Ministry of Education (MOE), Chinese Government
Deadline: between January and the beginning of April,.
Beneficiaries(Target Group): China/AUN Scholarship is Open for |
non-Chinese citizens from ASEAN member countries (Indonesia, Malaysia,Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Brunei, Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar and Cambodia).
Benefits( Value/ Inclusions):
‣ No. of Awards: not Specified.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The scholarship is offered for the duration of 2-3 academic years for master’s degree students.
Scholarship covers: The AUN Program provides a full scholarship which covers, tuition waiver, accommodation, stipend, and comprehensive medical insurance. Please refer to Introduction to CGS—Coverage and Standard for details of each item.
‣ China/AUN Scholarship is a full scholarship program provided for ASEAN member countries by the Ministry of Education of P. R. China (hereinafter referred to as MOE).
‣ MOE entrusts China Scholarship Council (hereinafter referred to as CSC) to manage the recruitment and carry out the routine management of this scholarship program.
‣ Applicants must be a citizen of an ASEAN member country, and be in good health.
‣ The requirements for applicants’ degree and age are that applicants must:
Selection of Institutions and Specialties:
‣ Applicants may choose one academic program and three institutions as their preferences from the Chinese HEIs designated by MOE.
‣ Please check the Directory of Chinese Higher Institutions Admitting International Students under Chinese Government Scholarship Program.
‣ Applicants are required to fill in their preferences of institutions and specialties strictly according to those listed in the Directory.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Deadline: Applicants shall apply to the ASEAN University Network Secretariat between January and the beginning of April.
China/AUN Scholarship Application Documents
The applicants must fill in and provide the following documents truly, correctly and completely (in duplicate).
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (filled in Chinese or in English)
Applicants shall fill in and print the application form after submitting it online.
The CSC Online Application System for Study in China is available on http://laihua.csc.edu.cn
Those who cannot apply online shall fill in the application form printed by CSC.
2. Highest diploma (notarized photocopy): Applicants shall also provide proof of studying on application. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
3. Academic transcripts (notarized photocopy): Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
4. A study or research plan written in Chinese or English (no less than 400 words).
5. Recommendation letters: Applicants for senior scholars must submit tw
‣ It is important to read the application guideline, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website