Chatham House Academy Asia Senior Fellowship in UK, and applications are submitted till 30 September, 2015. The Chatham House awards senior fellowship to established leaders and practitioners from Afghanistan, Australia , People’s Republic of China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Pakistan , and South Korea. The senior fellow will have the opportunity to focus in depth on a personal project in one of nine key research areas that should result in a Chatham House publication. The Academy senior fellowship will begin in February 2016 and conclude in August 2016. Candidates must be available to be based at Chatham House in London for the full 6-month duration of the fellowship. During their time at Chatham House, fellows and senior fellows will receive a monthly stipend to cover basic living expenses. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | UK
Level: Fellowship is available for undertaking research at the Chatham House. In addition to their research project, a senior fellow will participate in a comprehensive six-month programme of activities
Field(s): There are nine research themes for the 2016 Academy Asia Senior Fellowship. Applicants may propose a research project that fits within any of the topics: Future Role of the United States in Asia (hosted by the US Project), China and the Future of the International Legal Order (hosted by the International Law Programme), Global Health and its Role in the Asian Migrant Crisis (hosted by the Centre on Global Health Security), The Impact on Health Service Delivery of the 2015 Nepal Earthquake (hosted by the Centre on Global Health Security), Indonesia and ASEAN – Where To From Here? (hosted by the Asia Programme), Resource Security and China’s Future Development Model (hosted by the Energy, Environment, and Resources Department), China’s Role in the Global Forest Sector (hosted by the Energy, Environment, and Resources Department), Possibilities for Europe–China Cooperation on International Security (hosted by the International Security Department) and Security of Outer Space Systems (hosted by the International Security Department).
Deadline: 30 September 2015.
Funded By: Chatham House and Richard Hayden
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Chatham House Academy Asia Senior Fellowship is targeted for established leaders and practitioners from
Afghanistan, Australia, the People’s Republic of China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Nepal, Pakistan and South Korea.
‣ No. of awards: One Academy Asia Senior Fellowship is available for 2016 as part of the Queen Elizabeth II Academy for Leadership in International Affairs at Chatham House.
‣ Scholarship Tenure : The Academy senior fellowship will begin in February 2016 and conclude in August 2016. Candidates must be available to be based at Chatham House in London for the full 6-month duration of the fellowship.
‣Value of Scholarship : Chatham House will provide a monthly stipend of approximately £3,000 for Academy senior fellows for the duration of the fellowship (this is intended to cover costs such as accommodation, food, travel in London etc.). To assist fellows in relocating from their home country to London for the term of the fellowship, the institute will cover one return trip to the UK and accommodation in a hotel on arrival (if required). The institute will also provide a small budget for fieldwork and research-related travel during the fellowship. Chatham House will provide assistance but fellows will be responsible for securing accommodation, health insurance, and making the necessary banking arrangements.
‣ Chatham House is pleased to invite applicants for the Academy Asia Senior Fellowship in the Queen Elizabeth II Academy for Leadership in International Affairs at Chatham House.
House Academy Asia Senior Fellowship
is open to established leaders and practitioners from Afghanistan,
Australia, the People’s Republic of China, India, Indonesia, Japan,
Nepal, Pakistan and South Korea.
fellowship offers an opportunity to further develop an understanding
of, and approaches to, addressing the political, economic and social
issues facing Asia and the world.
can be drawn from sectors ranging from academia to NGOs, business,
government or the media. Fellows will be based at Chatham House in
London, one of the world’s leading international affairs
institutes. The fellowship will begin in February 2016 and will last
‣ Be a citizen of Afghanistan, Australia, the People’s Republic of China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Nepal, Pakistan or South Korea.
‣ Hold a Master’s degree or equivalent with an international focus; PhD desirable but not essential;
‣ Have 8 years of relevant work experience and a strong record of achievements;
‣ Have a clearly defined area of research or policy interest which falls under one of the given research topics;
‣ Have excellent English writing and presentation skills;
‣ Show motivation for undertaking the fellowship and for contributing to the candidate’s home country or region, as demonstrated through the post fellowship plan.
Selection Criteria for Chatham House Academy Asia Senior Fellowship
Applications will be assessed according to the following criteria:
‣ Nationality eligibility requirements;
‣ The relevance and clarity of the proposed research project, as demonstrated through the project proposal;
‣ Relevant background experience, as demonstrated through the curriculum vitae,
‣ Demonstrating the necessary English-language ability;
‣ Motivation for undertaking the fellowship
‣ A post fellowship plan which indicates how the candidate will return to their home country or region and apply their skills and knowledge to the sector.
Notification of Chatham House Academy Asia Senior Fellowship
‣ Following a review of applications, shortlisted candidates will be asked to participate in an interview via Skype.
‣ The interview committee will be drawn from Chatham House senior management and external advisers. Interviews will take place in October 2015 and candidates will be informed of the outcome within three weeks of the interviews.
‣ The decision of the interview committee is final and no appeals will be permitted. All candidates will be informed of the outcome of their applications by email.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ The application form and accompanying documents should be completed and emailed to AcademyAsiaFellowship-at-chathamhouse.org.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 30 September 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.