Charles Wallace India Trust Visiting Fellowship at SOAS University of London, and applications are submitted till 28 August 2015. Applications are invited for SOAS Charles Wallace India Fellowship at University of London in UK. Fellowship is open for Indian applicants. This is 3 month placement at SOAS, University of London should be taken predominantly during term-time (January–May). The award will be made on the basis of academic merit and research potential. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Overseas
Level: three months fellowships programme.
Field(s): Fellowship is provided in the fields of ‘India Studies’ (Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences) which are supported at SOAS.
Deadline: 28 August 2015.
Funded By: School of Oriental and African Studies, South Asia Institute (SSAI) and the Charles Wallace India Trust
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Charles Wallace India Trust Visiting Fellowship is targeted for the students of India
‣ Award No: One fellowship is awarded annually.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The duration of fellowship is 3 months.
‣ Scholarship covers: The fellow can expect to receive: a) University ID Card; b) Staff membership of the SOAS library; c) Workspace in the School (including computer, telephone, printing/photocopy credit); and d) £650 towards an international fare and a living grant at the monthly rate of £1,400. The candidate must make his/her own travel arrangements. The £650 contribution will be paid to the fellow on arrival in the UK by the Trust and the living grant will be paid through SOAS. Please note that it is the responsibility of the successful candidate to arrange accommodation within the limit of the budget.
‣ One Charles Wallace India Trust Visiting Fellowship is awarded annually by the SOAS South Asia Institute (SSAI) and the Charles Wallace India Trust to a scholar who has had no, or little opportunity, to conduct research outside India.
‣ The 3 month placement at SOAS, University of London should be taken predominantly during term-time (January–May).
Applicants must be Indian nationals and be residing in India at the time the application is submitted.
‣ Applicants must have completed a PhD and must be working in the fields of ‘India Studies’ (Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences) which are supported at SOAS. For a list of subjects please check the Taught Masters programmes on the SOAS website. Applicants may not hold the Fellowship for the purpose of, or in conjunction with, enrollment in any Higher Educational Institution in the United Kingdom (including SOAS).
‣ Applicants must be in the early to middle stage of their academic careers.
‣ Candidates must demonstrate sufficient English language ability, both written and spoken, to participate in discussions and use resource materials.
‣ Applicants must state if they are in receipt of any other grant, or are awaiting results of other applications. Failure to do so may result in the fellowship being withdrawn.
Selection criteria for Charles Wallace India Trust Visiting Fellowship
‣ The award will be made on the basis of academic merit and research potential. The Institute and the Trust reserve the right not to make an award in the event that no suitable application is received.
‣ All applicants will be notified by e-mail regarding the outcome of their application, generally by the end of October 2016. Applicants who submit an ineligible or incomplete application will not be contacted.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ The applications should be send via e-mail.
‣ A complete application will comprise:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 28 August 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.