Chancellors International Scholarships at University of Hertfordshire in UK , and applications are submitted till 28th November 2014 for January 2015 intake and 29 May 2015 for the September 2015 intake. University of Hertfordshire is offering 130 achievement-based partial Chancellor’s international scholarships, worth £2,000 each. The scholarship is available for all new full-time students who have been assessed as overseas for fee purposes and who have been issued an offer to study at the University of Hertfordshire. Candidates will be assessed on a competitive basis against the scholarship award criteria. There is no guarantee that students who meet the minimum requirements set out in the criteria will be successful in the overall competition. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Hertfordshire | UK
Level: Foundation, undergraduate or postgraduate degree programme
Field(s): all subjects available within the University of Hertfordshire.
Deadline: 28th November 2014 for January 2015 intake and 29 May 2015 for the September 2015 intake.
Funded By: University of Hertfordshire
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Chancellors International Scholarships are targeted for International students
‣ Award No: University of Hertfordshire will offer 130 achievement-based partial international scholarships.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarships are offered for first year tuition fee. The scholarship is not available for subsequent years.
‣ Scholarship covers: University of Hertfordshire will offer Chancellors International Scholarships , worth £2,000 each.
‣ The University of Hertfordshire is an ambitious and entrepreneurial University with an international vision, putting students at the heart of what we do.
‣ A key aspect of the University’s mission is to prepare students for the global economy and to enhance international and multicultural understanding within the University and beyond.
‣ In support of this mission, the University of Hertfordshire will offer 130 achievement-based partial international scholarships, worth £2,000 each.
‣ These scholarships, known as the Chancellor’s International Scholarships, are designed to support our international community and to ensure that the University continues to attract the most talented students from across the world.
‣ Current undergraduate University of Hertfordshire students studying on-campus and who have completed part of their degree are not eligible to apply.
‣ Students who have completed a University of Hertfordshire degree and are applying for postgraduate study at the University are eligible to apply.
‣ Students applying for the International Foundation Programme may apply for the Scholarship providing they have obtained high grades in high school study and met the Scholarship English language requirement.
‣ Students who are studying on a University of Hertfordshire degree at an overseas partner are eligible to apply for the Scholarship at the point of transfer to the University in the UK, during their first year of on-campus study only.
‣ Students who are studying at our partner college Hertfordshire International College (HIC) are eligible to apply for the Scholarship following completion of their studies with HIC.
‣ Candidates will be required to meet all conditions of registration before the Scholarship is awarded.
‣ Successful candidates will be required to demonstrate a good level of English Language proficiency, as evidenced by achieving IELTS 6.5 (with no less than 6.0 in any band) or the equivalent or higher.
Selection Criteria for Chancellors International Scholarships
‣ The Chancellor’s International Scholarships will be awarded on a competitive basis to candidates who demonstrate outstanding academic achievement and potential and the ability to make a significant ongoing contribution to the university community.
‣ Results will be communicated two weeks after the application deadline.
‣ Applications must be submitted via email to scholarships-at-herts.ac.uk for January 2015 intake.
‣ For September 2015 and January 2016 entry please apply online.
‣ You must have applied to the University of Hertfordshire and be holding an offer to study before you can apply for this Scholarship.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: The application deadline is 28th November 2014 for January 2015 intake. For the September 2015 intake there will be two awarding rounds to ensure as many applicants as possible have the chance to apply. The first round deadline is the 29 May 2015 and the second round deadline is the 24 July 2015. For the January 2016 intake the deadline is the 27 November 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.