CEU IAS Senior and Junior Core Fellowship in Hungary , and applications are submitted till October 24, 2016. Applications are invited for CEU IAS fellowship available for the academic year 2017/2018. Fellowships are available in all research areas of the social sciences and humanities. Fellowships run for the full 9-month period (Oct-June), for the 3-month “short fall semester”, the 5-months “long fall semester” (Oct-February) or the 6-month spring semester (Jan-June). Scholars at CEU IAS receive accommodation in the Raoul Wallenberg Guesthouse and a monthly stipend. Fellows are expected to reside in Budapest during their fellowship year, participate in the intellectual life of the Institute and pursue their research agenda. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Hungary
Level: Fellowship is awarded to pursue research program
Field(s): Fellowships are available in all research areas of the social science and humanities, broadly defined
Deadline: October 24, 2016
Funded By: The CEU Institute for Advanced Study (CEU IAS)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): CEU IAS Senior and Junior Core Fellowship is targeted for applicants of all nationalities.
‣ Award No: Each year institute receives over 500 applications for the approximately 15 spots available.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowship is awarded to researchers every year. Fellowships run for the full 9-month period (Oct-June), for the 3-month “short fall semester”, the 5-months “long fall semester” (Oct-February) or the 6-month spring semester (Jan-June).
‣ Scholarship covers: CEU IAS Senior and Junior Core Fellowship Scholars at CEU IAS receive accommodation in the Raoul Wallenberg Guesthouse and a monthly stipend. Fellows are expected to reside in Budapest during their fellowship year, participate in the intellectual life of the Institute and pursue their research agenda. Senior fellows receive a net monthly stipend of 2,500 Euros and junior fellows receive a net monthly stipend of 1,400 Euros to help support their stay in Budapest.
‣ Along with similar institutes in Europe and elsewhere, the CEU Institute for Advanced Study aims to provide a peaceful yet intellectually stimulating environment for outstanding post-doctoral scholars within the humanities and the social sciences to work on their own research projects.
‣ CEU IAS hosts around 20-25 international fellows annually. The Institute offers weekly seminars and discussions, invites guest speakers, and arranges other forms of intellectual exchange within the group of fellows and between the fellows and other researchers working in Hungary.
‣ Applicants must hold a PhD or equivalent in the social sciences or humanities at the time of their application.
‣ Only those with publications in internationally recognized scholarly outlets are encouraged to apply.
‣ Junior fellows must have a PhD degree issued in 2007 or later.
‣ Candidates who obtained their Ph.D. before 2007 are considered “senior” and must apply for a senior fellowship. Candidates with PhDs more recent than 2007 may opt to be considered for a senior fellowship instead of (but not in addition to) a junior fellowship.
‣ Full time CEU employees and students are not eligible to apply for 6 years after the ending of their studies/contract (degrees must be received and contracts must have ended by December 31, 2008 or earlier).
‣ Part time/temporary employees of CEU are not eligible for 3 years after their contract ended (their contract must have ended by December 31, 2011 or earlier).
‣ All nationalities are encouraged to apply for this type of fellowship.
‣ They have no thematic restrictions (other than expecting proposals in the social sciences and humanities only).
‣ Recent (past 5 years) fellows of CEU IAS or Collegium Budapest are eligible to apply but will only be considered in exceptional cases.
‣ Applicants are expected to be able to communicate fluently in English as this is the working language of the Institute and the CEU.
Selection Criteria for CEU IAS Senior and Junior Core Fellowship
‣ Fellows are chosen through a rigorous selection process, which includes pre-selection and peer reviews as well as a final decision made by an independent, interdisciplinary Selection Committee.
‣ The Selection Committee will primarily consider the quality of the research proposal as well as the applicant’s proven track record and promise of scholarly productivity.
‣ Applicants will be notified when their applications have been received, and will be notified of the result of the evaluation process by the end of March 2015.
You must use our online application system to apply for the Core Fellowships.
Step 1: Register at this website: https://studentinfo.ceu.hu/acad/ias/register.do
Step 2: After registration, you will receive a password which you must use to fill out the application form and upload the required documents in pdf format here: https://studentinfo.ceu.hu/acad/ias/login.do
You may save your work, and log back in and submit it at a later time. All applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. (CET) on October 24, 2016.
You will be required to submit the following the material:
Applicants will be notified when their applications have been received. Successful candidates will be informed between February and March 2017. All others will be notified of the result of the evaluation process by March 31, 2017 the latest. We will not share reviews with the applicants.
For further information regarding your application and for more info on IAS CEU, please visit: http://ias.ceu.edu. Questions and comments may be sent to IAS_applications@ceu.edu. You are also advised to visit the Frequently Asked Questions section at https://ias.ceu.edu/frequently-asked-questions.
Flyer ( https://ias.ceu.edu/sites/ias.ceu.edu/files/attachment/basicpage/255/juniorandseniorcorefellowshipsatiasceu2017-18_0.pdf )
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on October 24, 2016
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.