CERN Studentships in Summer for International Students, Switzerland , and Please APPLY ONLINE before 28th January 2018 (23:59 CET) and make sure the documents below are uploaded to your profile (with the correct document type) before 31st January 2018. Applications are invited for CERN studentships in summer 2017 available for the students of any state other than a CERN Member State (or Pakistan, Romania, Serbia, Turkey). Program offers undergraduate and junior post-graduate students of physics, computing and engineering to join in the day-to-day work of research teams participating in experiments at CERN in Geneva, Switzerland. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Switzerland
Level: Studentship is available for undergraduate and graduate students to join in the day-to-day work of research teams participating in experiments at CERN in Geneva, Switzerland. In addition to the work in the experimental and engineering teams, the selected students are required to attend a series of lectures.
Field(s): physics, computing or engineering.
Deadline: Please APPLY ONLINE before 28th January 2018 (23:59 CET) and make sure the documents below are uploaded to your profile (with the correct document type) before 31st January 2018
Funded By: CERN
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): CERN Studentships are targeted for Students of any nationality (who are not a national of a CERN Member State)
‣ Award No: A limited number of studentships will be awarded.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Studentships are available during the European summer period only.
‣ Scholarship covers: Those students with CERN financial support: -Applicants will receive a subsistence allowance to cover the cost of accommodation and meals in the Geneva area for a single person. -The CERN Housing Service will assist you in finding accommodation on, or near the site of the laboratory. -A limited number of travel scholarships will be available (on a lump sum basis).
‣ The CERN Studentships (Summer Student Program) offers undergraduate and junior post-graduate students of physics, computing and engineering a unique opportunity to join in the day-to-day work of research teams participating in experiments at CERN in Geneva, Switzerland.
‣ Beyond the outstanding first-class scientific value of their stay, the selected students will find working in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment an extremely enriching personal experience.
‣ It is an once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to make valuable and long lasting contacts with other students and scientists from all over the World.
‣ Applicants are not a national of a CERN Member State.
‣ Applicants are a university-level undergraduate (at least third year students) or at the start of post-graduate studies.
‣ Applicants will remain registered as a student during they stay at CERN. If applicants expect to graduate in the European summer 2018, they are also eligible to apply.
‣ Applicants have not worked at CERN before (e.g. as a User or Technical Student).
‣ Applicants have a good knowledge of English; knowledge of French would be an advantage.
Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria and have completed their application before the deadline will pass to the next step of the selection process. The final selection results will be communicated to the candidates at the end of April.
Please note that applications may be forwarded to a panel of national experts for evaluation purposes.
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success.
Please make sure your application and your CV are as detailed as possible. This will facilitate the projects assignment at later stage.
Please only upload the required documents for this position and ensure a good/readable quality of those. Moreover, it is very important that you always choose the correct document type.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED!
‣ Applicants are required to submitted via apply now!
‣ References: Please note that you should upload two reference letters from your professors, as well as the Grades’ Transcripts in order to be considered for selection.
‣ It is also recommended that you upload a recent CV in English or French.
‣ Scholarship Applications Due Date: Please APPLY ONLINE before 28th January 2018 (23:59 CET) and make sure the documents below are uploaded to your profile (with the correct document type) before 31st January 2018
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.