CERN Studentships for International Students in Switzerland , and applications are submitted till 28 January 2015. Applications are invited for CERN Studentships in Summer 2015 available to students who are nationals of countries that are not Member States of CERN. Studentship is available for undergraduate and graduate students to join the day-to-day work of research teams participating in experiments at CERN in Geneva, Switzerland. In addition to the work in the experimental and engineering teams, the selected students are required to attend a series of lectures. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Switzerland
Level: Studentship is available for undergraduate and graduate students to join in the day-to-day work of research teams participating in experiments at CERN in Geneva, Switzerland. In addition to the work in the experimental and engineering teams, the selected students are required to attend a series of lectures.
Field(s): Scientists share their knowledge about a wide range of topics in the fields of theoretical and experimental particle physics, engineering and computing.
Deadline: 28 January 2015.
Funded By: CERN
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): CERN Studentships are targeted for Students of any nationality (who are not a national of a CERN Member State)
‣ Award No: A limited number of studentships will be awarded.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Studentships are available during the European summer period only.
‣ Scholarship covers: Those students with CERN financial support: -Applicants will receive a subsistence allowance to cover the cost of accommodation and meals in the Geneva area for a single person. -The CERN Housing Service will assist you in finding accommodation on, or near the site of the laboratory. -A limited number of travel scholarships will be available (on a lump sum basis).
‣ The CERN Studentships (Summer Student Program) offers undergraduate and junior post-graduate students of physics, computing and engineering a unique opportunity to join in the day-to-day work of research teams participating in experiments at CERN in Geneva, Switzerland.
‣ Beyond the outstanding first-class scientific value of their stay, the selected students will find working in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment an extremely enriching personal experience.
‣ It is an once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to make valuable and long lasting contacts with other students and scientists from all over the World.
‣ Applicants are not a national of a CERN Member State.
‣ Applicants are a university-level undergraduate (at least third year students) or at the start of post-graduate studies.
‣ Applicants will remain registered as a student during they stay at CERN. If applicants expect to graduate in the European summer 2015, they are also eligible to apply.
‣ Applicants have not worked at CERN before (e.g. as a User or Technical Student).
‣ Applicants have a good knowledge of English; knowledge of French would be an advantage.
‣ Applications are considered by a panel of CERN experts which meets in February and March 2015.
‣ Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by mid/end April 2015.
‣ Applicants are required to submitted via online.
‣ References: Please note that you should upload two reference letters from your professors, as well as the Grades’ Transcripts in order to be considered for selection.
‣ It is also recommended that you upload a recent CV in English or French.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due until 28 January 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.