CEMF Engineering Ambassador Scholarships. The Canadian Engineering Memorial Foundation offers Ambassador Scholarships in Canada.
School(Institutions/ Country): | Canada
Level: Undergraduate Degree
Deadline: January 31, 2014.
Funded By: The Canadian Engineering Memorial Foundation CEM
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Engineering Ambassador Scholarship is targeted for students of Canada (must be a woman undergraduate student) .
‣ Award No: Five Scholarships are offered.
‣ Scholarship covers: Total offer is of $5,000.
‣ The Canadian Engineering Memorial Foundation was founded in 1990 to develop scholarship and award programs that encourage women to choose engineering as a career to honour the memory of the 14 women at École Polytechnique whose contributions to Canada ended on December 6, 1989.
‣ Each year Canadian Engineering Memorial Foundation CEMF offers up to five $5,000 Engineering Ambassador Scholarships to young women across Canada who are proven leaders, active volunteers in their communities and act as mentors to other young women to encourage them to pursue a career in engineering.
‣ These scholarships are not based on academic achievement
To avail Canadian Engineering Memorial Foundation Engineering Ambassador Scholarships , candidates must meet the following criteria:
‣ Applicants for these scholarships should review the eligibility requirements listed below closely along with using the checklist provided to ensure all required documents are included when applying.
‣ Applications that are missing required documents will be immediately disqualified.
‣ You must be a Canadian citizen, or be a Landed Immigrant with a Permanent Residence card.
‣ You must be a woman undergraduate student enrolled full-time in an accredited Canadian engineering program at a Canadian university.
‣ While there is no limitation on the number of applications from any university or program, you, as an individual, cannot apply for more than one Canadian Engineering Memorial Foundation scholarship a year. You cannot win this scholarship more than once.
‣ However, 3you can, if unsuccessful this year, reapply in subsequent years to this scholarship or another CEMF scholarship.
‣ For four year programs: you must be in your first year, second year or the first term of your third year, prior to the January deadline.
‣ For five year programs, including CO-OP programs: you must be in first year, second year, third year or the first term of your fourth year, prior to the January deadline.
‣ You must be a leader, a volunteer and an active person in your community and university.
‣ Scholarships are awarded based primarily on how you are involved in your own community and the leadership skills that you have demonstrated.
‣ There is a special emphasis placed on leadership and encouraging others to contribute to bettering Canadian society.
‣ Grades do not constitute a criterion for the award of this scholarship.
‣ You must be willing to act as a role model to encourage other women to pursue a career in engineering; scholarship recipients must give a presentation to a highschool level audience using the presentation prepared for this application.
‣ Your ability to effectively communicate with these younger students will be a primary criterion.
‣ You must give permission for your photo and name to be used by Canadian Engineering Memorial Foundation(CEMF) for scholarship promotional purposes.
‣ You must have 100 per cent completed the application requirements listed below and submitted them by the stated deadline.
‣ You are aware this is a competition and a judging panel will use specific guidelines to select the recipients (see below). Judges reserve the right not to issue any scholarships in any given year depending on the quality of the applications.
‣ All decisions of the judges are final.
‣ Applicants should be aware that their resumes/CVs may be used for recruitment purposes.
rsue a career in engineering.
‣ The committee’s assessment will be based on all of the documents and information provided by the applicant.
‣ Any application that is incomplete in any way will be rejected prior to judging and CEMF will inform the applicant of the disqualification.
‣ Another application from that student will not be accepted until the fo
‣ All decisions of the judges are final. Judging will be based on the following criteria:
a. Quality and creativity of your presentation as demonstrated in the Power Point Presentation and speaking notes (30%);
b. Extent and scope of the applicant’s involvement in the community and extracurricular activities as outlined in the Community Involvement Chart (25%);
c. Assessment of your passion for engineering as demonstrated in your voice clip (15%);
d. Quality of Informational Letter written by you about your volunteer, extracurricular, ambassador qualities, etc. (10%);
f. Overall quality of your application, both electronic and hardcopy (10%).
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply by post.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due by 31 January 2014.
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2014, Ambassador, Canada, CEMF, Engineering, scholarships
Your first paragraph ...