CCRIF Scholarships for CARICOM and/or CCRIF Member Countries, and Application Deadline Extended to June 4 2017. Applications are invited for C C R I F Scholarships available to students at the postgraduate level to pursue study in areas related to disaster risk management. Scholarships are awarded to individuals who are citizens of CARICOM member countries and/or CCRIF member countries in the Caribbean. CCRIF provides a maximum of four scholarships annually for students pursuing a Masters or an MBA programme at universities in the UK, USA and Canada and at eligible universities in the Caribbean, other than the University of the West Indies (UWI). Full details:
Level: masters or an MBA programme at eligible regional universities or at universities in the United Kingdom/ United States/Canada and at eligible universities in the Caribbean other than the University of the West Indies (UWI).
Field(s): Scholarships are awarded in the areas related to disaster risk management and (Catastrophe) Risk Management; Property/Casualty Insurance; Meteorology and other hazard/disaster related disciplines.
Deadline: Application Deadline Extended to June 4 2017.
Funded By: CCRIF SPC (formerly the Caribbean Catastrophe Risk Insurance Facility)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): CCRIF Scholarships are targeted for CARICOM member countries and/or CCRIF member countries in the Caribbean (Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda,
Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Grenada, Haiti, Jamaica, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent & the Grenadines, Trinidad & Tobago and Turks & Caicos Islands) can apply for these CCRIF scholarships.
‣ Award No: CCRIF provides a maximum of four scholarships.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Not Known
‣ Scholarship covers: The scholarships are valued at a maximum of US$40,000 each (for extra-regional universities) or $20,000 (for regional universities) and are specifically for those applicants who would have gained admission to a Masters level programme or an MBA programme fitting the eligibility criteria presented above.
‣ CCRIF SPC (formerly the Caribbean Catastrophe Risk Insurance Facility) is a risk pooling company, owned, operated and registered in the Caribbean to serve governments in the Wider Caribbean Region and their communities in reducing the economic impact of natural catastrophes.
‣ Through the CCRIF Scholarships Programme of the CCRIF Technical Assistance Programme, the facility provides scholarships to students at the post-graduate level to pursue study in areas related to disaster risk management.
‣ Eligible programmes include one-year Masters-level courses in the following areas which are available at eligible regional universities (eligible regional universities are accredited universities in any CARICOM member country or CCRIF member country) or at universities in the United Kingdom/ United States/Canada: (Catastrophe) Risk Management; Property/Casualty Insurance; Meteorology and other hazard/disaster related disciplines
‣ Eligible programmes also include an MBA with a Major in risk management and/or insurance or a related field.
‣ Online programmes available through eligible regional universities or at universities in the United Kingdom/ United States/Canada are also eligible for these scholarships.
‣ Applicants should be holders of a First Class or Upper Second Class Honours degree (or have a GPA of at least 3.0) and have some related work experience.
Selection Criteria for CCRIF Scholarships
‣ The scholarships will be awarded to applicants who have demonstrated academic excellence, are involved in, or currently work in the field of risk/disaster management or sustainable development in the Caribbean and have a record of broader community involvement.
‣ Preference will be given to individuals seeking to attend eligible regional universities and persons with supporting nominations from publically-funded (government) national and regional agencies whose mandates are specific to risk management, disaster management, meteorology, engineering or environmental management.
Scholarship Application Method
Applications must be submitted via the CCRIF online scholarship programme platform at: http://www.ccrif.org/content/scholarship no later than May 22, 2017. deadline extended to June 4, 2017.
For additional information or for clarification, please email: email@example.com
‣ Applications must be submitted via the CCRIF online scholarship programme platform at: http://www.ccrif.org/content/scholarship Application Deadline Extended to June 4 2017.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on June 4 2017.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.