CAS-TWAS Presidents Postgraduate Fellowship for citizens of developing countries other than China. Applications are open until 28th February 2014.Applications are invited for CAS-TWAS President’s Postgraduate Fellowship Programme from the citizens of developing countries other than China. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | China
Level: Postgraduate Degree (PhD study and research)
Field(s): Fellowships are provided to learn any of the courses.
Deadline: 28th February 2014.
Funded By: Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) and The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): CAS-TWAS Presidents Postgraduate Fellowship is targeted for Students of developing countries other than China (Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African, Republic Chad, Chile, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, The Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary,Indonesia, India, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Serbia,
Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint- Vincent and the Grenadines, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe) can apply for these postgraduate fellowships.
‣ Award No: Up to 140 students will be awarded per year.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The funding duration of the fellowship is 4 years, divided into: -Maximum 1 year study of courses and participation in centralized training at UCAS/USTC, including 4 months compulsory courses in Chinese Language and Culture. -Practical research and completion of degree thesis at colleges and schools of UCAS/USTC or CAS institutes.
‣ Scholarship covers: CAS-TWAS Presidents Postgraduate Fellowship awardees will receive a monthly stipend (including accommodation and other living expenses, local travel expenses and health insurance) of RMB 7,000 or RMB 8,000 from CAS through UCAS/USTC, depending on whether he/she has passed the qualification test arranged by UCAS/USTC for all PhD candidates after admission. All awardees will also be provided tuition waivers.
Any CAS-TWAS Presidents Postgraduate Fellowship awardee who fails the qualification test twice will face the consequences including:
‣ According to a new agreement between the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) and TWAS, the academy of sciences for the developing world, up to 140 students per year from the developing world will be sponsored to travel to China for up to four years’ of PhD study and research.
‣ This CAS-TWAS Presidents Fellowship Programme provides students/scholars from developing countries (other than China) an opportunity to pursue PhD degrees at the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS), the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) or Institutes of CAS around China.
‣ Under the terms of the new CAS-TWAS agreement, travel from their home countries to China will be provided to the fellowship awardees in order to begin the fellowship in China (one trip only per student/scholar).
‣ Visa fee will also be covered (once only per student/scholar).
Have what it takes to avail CAS-TWAS Presidents Postgraduate Fellowship?
‣ Be maximum age of 35 years on 31 December 2014;
‣ Not take up other assignments during the period of his/her fellowship;
‣ Be a citizen of a developing country other than China;
‣ Not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in China or in any developed country;
‣ Be financially responsible for any accompanying family member.
Applicants for PhD study should also:
‣ Meet the admission criteria for international students of UCAS/USTC
‣ Hold a master degree before the beginning of the fall semester: September, 2014.
‣ Provide evidence that s/he will return to their home country on completion of their studies in China according to CAS-TWAS agreement.
‣ Provide proof of knowledge of English or Chinese language.
‣ Once you have found the host supervisor, you must contact him/her via e-mail and inform that you wish to apply for the CAS-TWAS President’s fellowship.
‣ Please send him/her an explanatory e-mail together with your CV and research proposal.
‣ If you are awarded, you must submit originals your university certificates AND transcripts to the UCAS or USTC office upon your arrival in China.
‣ You must send him/her an electronic copy of your whole application package in one zipped file and ask him/her to fill in the comment pages in “Application Form for CAS-TWAS President’s Fellowship Programme” and the “Admission Application Form for International Students”.
‣ Your supervisor will then send your whole application package including his/her comment pages to UCAS Fellowship office or USTC Fellowship office.
‣ Please do not send your application package directly to UCAS or USTC Fellowship office.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 28th February 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like
Your first paragraph ...