CAS Fellowship for Postdoctoral and Visiting Scholars from Developing Countries in China. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): CAS-affiliated research institutions ( CAS institutes; USTC, and UCAS) | China
Level: Postdoctoral & Visiting Scholar
Field(s): Natural Sciences.
Deadline: 15 September(Annually)
Funded By: Bureau of International Cooperation Chinese Academy of Sciences
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): CAS Fellowship is targeted for Students of developing countries ((Afghanistan, Gambia, Mozambique, Bangladesh, The Guinea, Myanmar, Benin, Guinea-Bisau, Nepal, Burkina Faso, Haiti, Niger, Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Cambodia, Korea, Dem Rep., Sierra Leone, Central African Republic, Kyrgyz Republic, Somalia, Liberia, Tajikistan, Comoros, Madagascar, Tanzania, Malawi, Togo, Congo, Dem. Rep, Eritrea, Mali, Uganda, Ethiopia, Mauritania, Zimbabwe, Albania, Indonesia, Samoa, Armenia, India, São Tomé and Principe, Belize, Iraq, Senegal, Bhutan, Kiribati, Solomon Islands, Bolivia, Kosovo, South Sudan, Cameroon, Lao PDR, Sri Lanka, Cape Verde, Lesotho, Sudan, Congo, Rep., Marshall Islands, Swaziland, Côte d’Ivoire, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Syrian Arab Republic, Djibouti, Moldova, Timor-Leste, Egypt, Arab Rep., Mongolia, Tonga, El Salvador, Morocco, Ukraine, Fiji, Nicaragua, Uzbekistan, Georgia, Nigeria, Vanuatu, Ghana, Pakistan, Vietnam, Guatemala, Papua New Guinea, West Bank and Gaza, Guyana, Paraguay, Yemen, Rep., Honduras, Philippines, Zambia, Angola,
Ecuador, Palau, Algeria, Gabon, Panama, American Samoa, Grenada, Peru, Antigua and Barbuda, Iran, Islamic Rep., Romania, Argentina, Jamaica, Russian Federation, Azerbaijan, Jordan, Serbia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Seychelles, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Latvia, South Africa, Botswana, Lebanon, St. Lucia, Brazil, Libya, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Suriname, Chile, Macedonia, FYR, Thailand, Malaysia, Tunisia, Colombia, Maldives, Turkey, Costa Rica, Mauritius, Turkmenistan, Cuba, Mexico, Tuvalu, Dominica, Montenegro and Uruguay) other than China.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Short-term Visiting Scholarship, tenable for 3-6 months, and Post-doctoral Fellowship, tenable for 2 years.
‣ Scholarship covers: For Short-term Visiting Scholarship (Category A) CAS will provide a monthly stipend of RMB 22,000 (pre-tax), which covers all living costs, such as accommodation, food, local transportation and health insurance in China. -For Post-doctoral Fellowship (Category B) CAS will provide a yearly stipend of RMB 150,000 (pre-tax), covering all living costs, such as accommodation, food, local transportation and health insurance in China. -In addition, an economy-class round-trip international airfare (RMB 15,000 at the maximum) following the most direct route between the airport nearest to the awardee’s residence and that nearest to the host institution will be provided by the Programme through the host institution.
‣ The Chinese Academy of Sciences, CAS Fellowship for Postdoctoral and Visiting Scholars from Developing Countries Programme is designed to enhance scientific cooperation between CAS-affiliated research institutions (Please see: and academic institutions in developing countries, enabling awardees to participate in the scientific research programs of the CAS-affiliated institutions or to conduct collaborative research projects agreed upon by a host institution of CAS.
Applicants for Postdoctoral CAS Fellowship (Category B) must meet the following criteria:
‣ be nationals of a developing country (other than China);
‣ hold a PhD degree in a field of natural sciences;
‣ provide evidence of proficiency in English or Chinese;
‣ have worked out a research proposal accepted by a research professor (or associate professor) at a CAS-affiliated institution who agrees to be the host;
‣ Be strongly recommended by the host institution;
‣ Agreeing to abide by the laws of the People’s Republic of China and the rules & regulations of the host institution Applicants for Short-term -Visiting Scholarship (Category A) must meet all of the above-mentioned criteria and, in the meantime, hold a regular research assignment with at least five years of postdoctoral research experience.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ There are two approaches to submitting applications for the Fellowship:
‣ Application Forms (see Attachment) must be completed and submitted in duplicates in English, along with a completed Recommendation Form completed, signed and sealed by the host institution of CAS) or a recommendation letter signed by the director of an identified international strategic partner institution.
‣ In the latter case, an official acceptance letter from the host institution affiliated with CAS is required.
‣ A copy of the applicant’s Curriculum Vita and photocopies of official documents certifying the education qualifications and awards (if any) of the applicant should be submitted as Appendixes to the Application Form.
‣ All applications should be mailed by post in sealed envelopes to the Bureau of International Cooperation, CAS.
‣ Scholarship Application Deadline: The deadline for applications is 15 September.
You may also like
‣ Postdoctoral Scholarships
‣ China Scholaships
‣ Scholarships for Developing Countries
‣ August Deadline