CARTA PhD Fellowships in Africa , and interested candidates should submit their application to the local CARTA committee in their institution by April 15, 2014.
The Consortium for Advanced Research Training in Africa (CARTA) is offering 25 PhD fellowships for 2014/15 academic year. Applicants must be in teaching or research staff at one of the participating African institutions. The fellowship is tenable at one of the participating African universities for a maximum of four years. The fellowship will cover tuition fees and medical insurance. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | One of the participating African universities in Africa.
Level: PhD Research
Field(s): Applicants’ PhD research proposal must be related to public and population health or to sexuality studies
Deadline: April 15, 2014.
Funded By: The Consortium for Advanced Research Training in Africa (CARTA)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): CARTA PhD Fellowships are targeted for Africans, and applicants must be in teaching or research staff at one of the participating African institutions.
‣ Award No:During the 2014/2015 academic year, the CARTA program is planning to offer up to 25 PhD fellowships.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The CARTA PhD fellowship runs for a maximum of four years.
‣ Scholarship covers: Fellowships cover tuition fees, medical insurance, and other university fees in special circumstances only.
CARTA PhD Fellowships
‣ The Consortium for Advanced Research Training in Africa (CARTA) is an initiative of nine African universities, four African research institutes and selected northern partners.
‣ CARTA offers an innovative model for doctoral training in sub-Saharan Africa to strengthen the capacity of participating institutions to conduct and lead internationally-competitive research.
‣ The multi-disciplinary CARTA program is open to staff of participating institutions who are interested in conducting their PhD research on topics relevant to the broad fields of public and population health.
‣ Applications from disciplines, such as public health, demography, anthropology, communication, and economics, among others, as long as the research question aims to contribute to public and population health issues are welcomed.
‣ Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
Have what it takes to avail CARTA PhD Fellowships?
‣ A Masters degree in a relevant field.
‣ Prior admission into a PhD program is not required for application but awards are contingent on such admission being obtained at one of the participating African universities.
‣ Applicants for this program must be teaching or research staff at one of the participating African institutions and should be committed to contributing towards building capacity at their institutions.
‣ Applicants’ PhD research proposal must be related to public and population health or to sexuality studies
‣ Fellowships are only open to people who have not yet registered for a PhD or are in the very early stages (first year) of the PhD program
‣ Applicants must commit to participation in all four annual residential Joint Advanced Seminars (JASes), and to engage in inter-seminar activities designed to keep fellows actively engaged and in continual communication with peers and mentors.
‣ Male applicants must be under the age of 40 years and female applicants under the age 45 years.
‣ There will be a first selection based on the documents in the application to create a short list of applicants, who will be contacted for an interview.
‣ Selection will be made taking both the general qualifications of the candidate and the specific requirements of the project into account.
‣ Final fellowship decision, which is independent of the university application, will be communicated by CARTA secretariat by September 30, 2014.
‣ Application should be submitted to the local CARTA committee in applicant’s institution (also email a copy of all application materials to carta-at-aphrc.org), which will conduct the initial screening process and submit successful applications to the CARTA secretariat.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 15 April 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like
Your first paragraph ...