Carleton University Undergraduate Scholarships in Canada , and applications are submitted till March 1. Carleton University is offering scholarship opportunities to pursue undergraduate degree programmes in Canada. The International House Award is awarded to Canadian undergraduate student and the Marie Odette Gabrielle Clay Memorial Award is open for international applicants.The university’s aim is to examine the impact of the division between further and higher education on strategies to widen participation in undergraduate education. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Hosting Countries): Carleton University | Canada
Level: Undergraduate degree
Field(s): any of the courses offered by the university.
Deadline: March 1.
Funded By: Carleton University, Canada
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Carleton University Undergraduate Scholarships are targeted for Canadian and International applicants
‣ Award No: not specified
‣ Scholarship covers: International House Award awards scholarship of $600 value as well as Marie Odette Gabrielle Clay Memorial Award offers scholarship of $1100 value.
‣ Carleton University is offering Carleton University Undergraduate Scholarships to pursue undergraduate degree programmes in Canada.
‣ The International House Award is awarded to Canadian undergraduate student and the Marie Odette Gabrielle Clay Memorial Award is open for international applicants.
‣ The university’s aim is to examine the impact of the division between further and higher education on strategies to widen participation in undergraduate education.
‣ The university provides an excellent education and experience to its more than 24,000 full- and part-time students at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Its more than 875 academic staff are recognized internationally for their scholarship and cutting-edge research in more than 50 disciplines.
‣ Applicants also need to demonstrate that their knowledge and use of English are strong enough for studies in an English Language university. If their first language is not English, they can prove their language proficiency.
Carleton University has one of the most generous scholarship and bursary programs in Canada. Last year, more than 11,900 scholarships and bursaries, totalling over $19 million, were awarded to undergraduate students.
If you have been admitted to Carleton with an admissions average of 80 percent or better, you will automatically be considered for a renewable Entrance Scholarship. You may be offered a renewable Entrance Scholarship provided you are entering Carleton for the first time and have no previous attendance at post secondary educational institutions.
If you are an excellent student transferring from another Canadian university or college program to a full-time undergraduate program at Carleton, you may be eligible for one of our scholarships for transfer students.
Carleton’s highest awards are 24 Prestige Scholarships. For all Prestige Scholarships, the student must have an admission average of 90 per cent or better. The selection committee also assesses the range of the student’s community and secondary school activities for these competitive scholarships.
An application is required. Deadline: March 1.
Additional Entrance Scholarships
Carleton Capital Scholarship
Up to 13 students will be selected annually, with one recipient for each province and territory, to receive a $2000 award in their first year. The Carleton Capital Scholarship is awarded in addition to other Entrance Scholarships. To be eligible for the Carleton Capital Scholarship, students must be Canadian citizens, permanent residents or protected persons entering the first year of a degree program and pursuing post-secondary studies for the first time. Students must also demonstrate participation in extra-curricular activities and a strong academic background (with a minimum admission average of 90%).
An application is required. Deadline: March 1.
Faculty of Engineering and Design Scholarships
Up to 60 scholarships, valued at $1,000 to $5,000, will be awarded to the top students who are entering selected Bachelor of Engineering programs. The scholarship is awarded in addition to other Entrance Scholarships.
Page Program Entrance Scholarships
Up to 15 scholarships will be awarded to students in the House of Commons Page program who are entering an undergraduate degree program at Carleton University. Valued at $1,000, the scholarship is awarded in addition to other Entrance Scholarships.
Arthur Kroeger College National Scholars Program
Up to 10 scholarships will be awarded to students entering the Bachelor of Public Affairs and Policy Management program. Two students (minimum admissions average of 90 per cent) will be selected from each of the following five regions:
Valued at $2,000, the scholarship will be awarded in addition to other Entrance Scholarships.
Collins Memorial Entrance Scholarships for Earth Sciences
Two or more scholarships, valued at $1,000 to $4,000 will be awarded to students entering the first year of an Earth Sciences program. The scholarship is awarded in addition to other Entrance Scholarships.
Sprott School of Business Scholarships
The Dean’s Entrance Scholarship of Excellence, valued at $2,000 or $4,000, will be awarded to the top students entering the first year of the Bachelor of Commerce program. This scholarship is awarded in addition to other Entrance Scholarships.
Bachelor of Global and International Studies Award of Excellence for ICP Graduates
Two awards, valued at $500 each, will be given annually to outstanding students who have completed an International Certificate Program (ICP) in Canada and are entering the Bachelor of Global and International Studies (BGInS) program at Carleton University.
Bursaries are financial-need based awards that do not have to be repaid. If you are applying for a bursary be prepared to present a budget estimating your expenses and sources of funds, including such things as your personal savings, family support and government assistance. Find out more about the Carleton University Undergraduate Bursary Program.
Provincial Student Assistance Programs
The Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) is intended to supplement, where necessary, the financial resources that eligible students (and their family) have available to meet the costs of postsecondary education.
If you do not live in Ontario, you may be eligible for out-of-province student assistance through your home province or territory.
Undergraduate international students completing their degrees
at Carleton who are in their graduating year of study.
‣ Marie Odette Gabrielle Clay Memorial Award: Undergraduate international students completing their degrees at Carleton who are continuing their studies (*who are not in their graduating year).
Eligibility Requirement for Carleton University Undergraduate Scholarships
‣ Entrance Requirements: The International House Award is awarded to an undergraduate student in his or her graduating year. The Marie Odette Gabrielle Clay Memorial Award is awarded to an undergraduate international student who is proceeding from one year of study to another, is in good academic standing.
‣ English language Requirements: Applicants also need to demonstrate that their knowledge and use of English are strong enough for studies in an English Language university. If their first language is not English, they can prove their language proficiency in a number ways.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications should be sent by post.
In addition to the application for the scholarship, the applicant must submit the following documents:-
‣ Applicants should submit their Resume and a one-page, single spaced (approximately 500 words) cover letter to the ISSO outlining your extracurricular involvement, contributions to student life, academic achievement, etc. at Carleton.
‣ Please review the award descriptions above and include any details that they believe demonstrate your suitability for the award in question.
‣ Their resume and cover letter should include their full name, student ID #, contact information, and program of study.
‣ The ISSO is not responsible for incomplete application packages.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date : Applications must be submitted in hard copy to the ISSO (128 UC) by March 1.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.