Cargill funded Global Scholarships Program for Brazil, China, India, Russia and the USA countries for the academic year 2013. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): This Scholarship can be taken at: Brazil, China, India, Russia and the USA
Level: Undergraduate Degree
Field(s): Food, Agriculture and Risk Management.
Deadline: For India- March 15, 2013; for US and Russians Students by- March 31, 2013 ; for Chinese Students by- May 6, 2013 and For Brazil: 15 april, 2012
Funded by: Cargill
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): The scholarship is open for students of Brazil, China, India, Russia and the United States. Note students need to be high performing undergraduate first or second year university students.
Benefits(Inclusions / value):
‣ No. of Awards: At least 10 students from each country will be selected.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarships is applicable for three years.
‣ Scholarship Covers: Each Cargill-Global Scholar will:
‣ Receive an annual scholarship award for up to three years, to help off-set any academic related expenses.
‣ Participate in a fully-funded three day leadership seminar during the first year of the program designed to enhance the scholars’ leadership skills ensuring that each participant’s full potential to effect change is reached at the culmination of the program.
‣ Have the opportunity to become one of five students from each country cohort to participate in a fully funded Global Leadership Program to be held at one of Cargill-global locations.
‣ This activity will bring the top performing C. Global Scholars from around the world for a week-long seminar that will involve a series of experiential learning enrichment activities coupled with networking opportunities with C. Global Scholars executives.
‣ Be paired with a C. Global Scholars leader who will serve as a mentor over the duration of the program.
‣ The C. Global Scholars mentors will help the scholars identify short and long term academic and professional goals and will assist in reaching these goals through work shadowing and networking, face-to-face meetings and regular email and phone communication.
‣ Become a member of the C. Global Scholars alumni community.
‣ The Cargill Global scholarships Program is a distinctive scholarship opportunity that not only provides financial support, but offers leadership development opportunities through seminars, networking events, and a one-on-one mentoring program.
‣ These enrichment activities have been designed to help foster and enhance the C. Global Scholars’ leadership potential and critical thinking skills, and equip them with the tools necessary for becoming global leaders and decisions makers.
Applicants to the C. Global scholarships program must:
‣ Be a citizen or permanent legal resident of Brazil, China, India, Russia or the United States. ‣ Attend a partner university in the country of citizenship or permanent legal residency
‣ Be a first or second year university student -Demonstrate high academic performance
‣ Demonstrate leadership potential
Preference will be given to applicants who:
‣ Demonstrate financial need
‣ Specialize in fields of study that are identified as preferred fields (see each country’s guidelines)
‣ Are from a disadvantaged or underrepresented group within their country.
‣ Scholarships will be awarded to talented, high performing university students who demonstrate exemplary academic achievement and leadership potential and study in a field relevant to C. Global world of food, agriculture and risk management.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply online now.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due for India- March 15, 2013; for US and Russians Students by- March 31, 2013 ; for Chinese Students by- May 6, 2013 and For Brazil: 15 april, 2012
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: Cargill , Global, scholarships, Agricultural, Undergraduate , Students, Brazil, China,India, Russia, United States, Food, Risk, Management, 2013