Cancer Research UK Career Development Fellowship, and applications are submitted till 3 October 2014. The Cancer Research UK is offering Career Development Fellowship for postdoctoral researchers or early career researchers in any area of Cancer Research UK’s funding remit, with the exception of end-of-life care and clinical trials. Funding will be provided for a period of six years which includes salaries and associated running expenses for the Fellow, one postdoctoral researcher and one technician, plus equipment up to £25,000. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | UK
Level: postdoctoral research program
Field(s): Fellowship is awarded in the following research areas: Cancer biology, Biomarker research, Cancer aetiology, Imaging research, Pre-clinical research, Early diagnosis, Epidemiology, Statistics and methodology, Radiotherapy research, Cancer prevention and Immunology.
Deadline: 3 October 2014
Funded By: Cancer Research UK
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Cancer Research UK Career Development Fellowship is targeted for UK citizens
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowship will be awarded for a period of 6 years. The Fellowship will be subject to a review after three years, with continuation dependent upon satisfactory progress.
‣ Scholarship covers: Funding support provided for: -Salaries for the Fellow, one postdoctoral researcher, and one technician -Associated running expenses -Equipment costs up to £25,000.
‣ Cancer Research UK seeks to attract the best junior scientists and clinicians to develop careers in the field of cancer research.
‣ The Cancer Research UK Career Development Fellowship supports outstanding scientists at the start of their independent careers.
‣ Fellows will have shown special promise in their initial postdoctoral studies, but may not yet have sufficient experience or the track record to obtain a more senior fellowship.
‣ The Fellowship provides the opportunity to set up, for the first time, an independent research group in a cancer-relevant research field.
You should have:
‣ At least three and no more than eight year of research experience since completing your PhD at the time of submitting your preliminary application ;
‣ Completed your specialist training, obtained a PhD or MD and have at least three years’ postdoctoral research experience if you are a clinician.
You should not:
‣ Have already received Fellowship funding to set up your research group
‣ Have a position at one of our core-funded institutes.
‣ Applications are considered on the basis of the applicant’s academic achievements to date and future potential, the scientific merit of the research proposal and the research environment provided by the sponsoring department.
‣ Interview dates are 13th – 14th April 2015.
‣ All applications, including the project proposal, must be completed using electronic Grants Management System (eGMS).
‣ Please inform the administrative authority of your host institution of your intention to submit a full application.
‣ Full applications are only fully submitted to Cancer Research UK once they have been approved by the administrative authority.
‣ Applications for Career Development Fellowships are now considered twice a year, and application process has three stages:
‣ you must submit an outline application before being invited to submit a full application to a subsequent New Investigators Committee meeting.
‣ outline applications that are approved by the New Investigators Committee will be invited to submit a full application for consideration at a subsequent New Investigators Committee meeting.
‣ All applications will be peer-reviewed by international experts.
‣ Interview: a 35 minute interview is carried out by the New Investigator Committee to aide the final funding decision
‣ Scholarship Applications are 3 October 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.