Canadian Federation of Nurses Unions Student Scholarship for ontraio nursing student who is enrolled in an accredited nursing. Applications are open until July 1 each year. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): accredited nursing institutes | Canada
Level: Undergraduate Degree
Deadline: July 1
Funded By: Canadian Federation of Nurses Unions (CFNU)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups):Canadian Federation of Nurses Unions Student Scholarship is open for ontraio nursing student who is enrolled in an accredited nursing education program in Ontario in the current calendar year.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship covers: $1,000 student scholarships awarded each year.
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Canadian Federation of Nurses Unions Student Scholarship
‣ The Canadian Federation of Nurses Unions (CFNU) scholarship fund was set up from a resolution passed at the 2007 CFNU Biennial Convention.
‣ This fund is intended to assist students in accredited nursing education programs throughout Canada. It is hoped that students who avail themselves of these scholarships will show leadership within the Canadian Nursing Students’ Association and ONA.
ONA is entitled to one of the ten $1,000 student scholarships awarded each year.
‣ Subject to the ongoing availability of CFNU support, ONA will select one student per year to receive the CFNU scholarship based on the procedure identified below.
Eligibility Criteria for Canadian Federation of Nurses Unions Student Scholarship
The following are the mandatory eligibility criteria:
‣ Applicants must be an immediate family member of a bona fide ONA member. Immediate family shall be as defined in the ONA Hospital Central Collective Agreement and includes parent, brother, sister, spouse, son, daughter, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, mother-in-law, father-in-law, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, grandparent, grandparent of spouse or grandchild.
‣ Applicants must be a first-time nursing student who is enrolled in an accredited nursing
education program in Ontario in the current calendar year.
‣ Applicants must be an Ontario resident.
‣ Applicants must submit an essay (maximum 300 words) on the topic “The importance of the Ontario Nurses’ Association (ONA) for nurses”.
‣ Successful applicants must agree to grant permission to CFNU and ONA to publish their name, picture and essay.
‣ The application deadline will be July 1 of each year.
‣ Confirmation of enrolment in an accredited nursing education program in Ontario must be provided at the time the application form is sent.
‣ Applications are to be sent to the Office of the President using the Application Form appended to this policy.
‣ The President and First Vice-President shall review the applications submitted and make the scholarship selection.
‣ The Board of Directors will be notified of all selections. All selections are final and not subject to review.
‣ ONA will advise the CFNU once a recipient has been selected. The CFNU will then send the appropriate recognition letter and cheque to ONA for presentation to the recipient.
‣ Applications must be received at ONA by July 1. Thank you to all who apply. The successful applicant will be notified by ONA by mail/e-mail within one week of the decision.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like
Your first paragraph ...