Canadian Association for HIV Research Master Awards in Canada, and applications are submitted till February 5, 2015. The Canadian Association for HIV Research (CAHR) is inviting applications for master awards available for Canadian students who are pursuing a Master’s degree in HIV research at a Canadian institution. At the time of the application, the applicants must have completed or be in the final year of a Bachelor’s degree and intending to pursue or already registered in a full-time Master’s degree program. The maximum amount per award is $17,500 (CDN) for up to one year. This funding is non-renewable. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Canada
Level:Awards are available for students who are pursuing a master’s degree in HIV research at a Canadian institution.
Field(s): For this competition, CAHR’s expects to fund one application in each of the CAHR themes: Basic Science, Clinical Science, Epidemiology & Public Health; and Social Science.
Deadline: February 5, 2015
Funded By: The Canadian Association for HIV Research (CAHR)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Canadian Association for HIV Research Master Awards is targeted for Citizens of Canada
‣ Award No: Not Known
‣ Scholarship Duration: Awards are available for one year. This funding is non-renewable.
‣ Scholarship covers: The maximum amount per award is $17,500 (CDN) for up to one year.
‣ With a membership of more than 1,000 researchers and others interested in HIV research, the Canadian Association for HIV Research (CAHR) is the leading organization of HIV/AIDS researchers in Canada.
‣ As an integral element of its mandate, CAHR works to “promote education and the development of new researchers”.
‣ As part of this effort, CAHR offers funding support to young researchers aligned with its four designated themes of health research: basic science; clinical science; epidemiology & public health; and social science.
‣ The 2015 Canadian Association for HIV Research Master Awards are intended to provide special recognition and support to students who are pursuing a Master’s degree in HIV research at a Canadian institution.
‣ These candidates are expected to have an exceptionally high potential for future research achievement and productivity.
‣ Applicants must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada
‣ At the time of the application, the applicants must have completed or be in the final year of a Bachelor’s degree and intending to pursue, or already registered in, a full-time Master’s degree program
‣ Persons with a health professional degree who are seeking support for Master’s research training are also eligible
‣ Only those students who intend to engage in full-time master’s training will be considered for funding (research training is defined as a minimum of 30 hours/week dedicated to research and course work) in a graduate school are eligible for support.
‣ Supervisor: The supervisor must be an experienced academic with an appointment at a Canadian university, who is able to provide a supportive research environment for the trainee interested in HIV research
Selection Criteria for Canadian Association for HIV Research Master Awards
‣ A CAHR review committee will adjudicate the full applications.
‣ The adjudication will favour applicants with high potential for developing into future HIV research leaders in one of CAHR’s four research streams (i.e., basic, clinical, social or epidemiological research).
‣ The priority areas for adjudication are:
‣ Students will be notified on July 12, 2015.
‣ A complete application must include:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on February 5, 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.