Canada Graduate Scholarships are offered by Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada under Michael Smith Foreign Study Supplements Program. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Abroad
Level: The scholarships are for 3-6 months study abroad program.
Field(s): Scholarships are provided in a discipline area supported by the granting agencies.
Deadline: October 10 each year.
Funded By: Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Scholarship is targeted for International Students.
‣ Award No: Not Specified.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The minimum length of stay abroad the CGS-MSFSS program will support is three months, and the maximum duration of support will be for six months.
‣ Scholarship covers: The value of the CGS-MSFSS is up to $6,000, based on the information and budget justification provided in the application.
‣ The Canada Graduate Scholarships – Michael Smith Foreign Study Supplements (CGS-MSFSS) Program supports high caliber Canadian graduate students in building global linkages and international networks through the pursuit of exceptional research experiences at research institutions abroad.
‣ By accessing international scientific research and training, CGS-MSFSS recipients will contribute to strengthening the potential for collaboration between Canadian universities and affiliated research institutions and universities, or other research institutions outside of Canada.
To avail Canada Graduate Scholarships, candidates must meet the following criteria:
‣ be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada by the application deadline dates;
‣ be registered at an eligible Canadian institution at the time of application;
‣ be in a discipline area supported by the granting agencies and have accepted or currently hold one of the following Canada Graduate Scholarships:
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Universities are allocated a predetermined number of CGS-MSFSS supplements on an annual basis, in proportion to the number of CGS and Vanier CGS held at that university. Allocations are specific to each granting agency.
‣ If you are a qualified applicant, you must complete the necessary documentation and submit it to your Faculty (School) of Graduate Studies for consideration.
‣ The common tri-agency application form is available on the Web sites of the respective granting agencies.
‣ Only this form must be used to apply for the CGS-MSFSS.
You will be required to provide the following information:
‣ Scholarship Applications are Due by 10 October(annually).
It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website.
‣ The granting agencies will notify students of the results within two months following receipt of applications.
‣ The CGS-MSFSS will be paid directly to the institutions who will administer the supplements for the students on behalf of the granting agencies.
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2013, Canada, Graduate, scholarships