Cambridge International Scholarship Scheme. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Cambridge | UK
Level: Research Programme
Field(s): Scholarships are awarded in all available research courses at the University of Cambridge.
Deadline: 3rd December 2013.
Funded By: The University of Cambridge, via the Cambridge Trusts
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Cambridge International Scholarship Scheme is targeted for International students.
‣ Award No: The University of Cambridge will offer via the Cambridge Trusts, approximately 80 Cambridge International Scholarships.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The award has a maximum duration of three years and is available to all students who will be registered for a three year research programme, leading to the PhD (including CPGS), that starts in the next academical year.
‣ Scholarship covers: Each award will underwrite the full cost of fees and maintenance for the duration of the course.
Cambridge International Scholarship Scheme
‣ The University of Cambridge will offer, via the Cambridge Trusts, approximately 80 Cambridge International Scholarships for Overseas Students who embark on a research course in the next academical year.
‣ The awards will be made on a competitive basis to those applicants who will be considered by their departments.
To avail Cambridge International Scholarship Scheme, candidates must meet the following criteria:
‣ be liable to pay the Overseas University Composition Fee (i.e. be assessed as ‘Overseas’ for Fee Status purposes).
‣ be engaged in a three year research programme leading to the PhD (i.e. will be registered as PhD, “Probationary PhD” or “CPGS”) starting in the next academical year.
‣ be engaged in full-time study.
‣ have a high upper-second-class undergraduate honours degree from a UK Higher Education Institution, or an equivalent from an Overseas Institution. Please note: all students applying for a course of one year duration or less (including LLM, MSt, MBA, MED, Part III Mathematics, MPhil) in the next academical year are not eligible for a CISS award in the next academical year.
‣ The awards will be made on a competitive basis to those applicants considered by their departments to be the most outstanding.
‣ In March, all the nominated candidates with a conditional offer of admission will be considered by a selection committee comprising academic members of the Student Registry.
‣ The committee will draw up a list of candidates who will be made an offer of a CISS award immediately.
‣ These candidates will receive a confirmatory email. Several hundred partially funded awards will also be made by the Cambridge Trusts to candidates unsuccessful in obtaining a full cost CISS award.
‣ If candidates have not received an email by the end of April, they should assume that their application for a CISS award has not been successful.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ In order to be eligible for a CISS award commencing in the next academical year, you must have applied for admission/continuation as a graduate student to the University of Cambridge either online (admission students only) or via the Graduate Admission and Scholarship Application Form (GRADSAF).
‣ Scholarship Applications are due by 3rd December 2013.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2014, 2015, Cambridge, Featured, International , Scholarship, UK