Cambridge International Scholarship Scheme (CISS) in UK , and applications are submitted till 7 December 2016. The University of Cambridge, via the Cambridge Trusts offers approximately 80 international scholarships for overseas students who will be registered for a three year research programme, leading to the PhD (including CPGS), that starts in the next academical year. Scholarships are awarded to cover the full cost of fees and maintenance for the duration of the course, i.e. three years. The awards will be made on a competitive basis to those applicants considered by their departments to be the most outstanding. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): The University of Cambridge | UK
Level: research programme leading to the PhD (including CPGS) at the University of Cambridge.
Field(s): all available research courses at the University of Cambridge.
Deadline: 7 December 2016.
Funded By: The University of Cambridge, via the Cambridge Trusts
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2017 Cambridge International Scholarship Scheme is targeted for International students
‣ Award No: The University of Cambridge will offer via the Cambridge Trusts, approximately 80 Cambridge International Scholarships.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The award has a maximum duration of three years and is available to all students who will be registered for a three year research programme, leading to the PhD (including CPGS), that starts in the next academical year.
‣ Scholarship covers: Each award will underwrite the full cost of fees and maintenance for the duration of the course.
‣ The University of Cambridge will offer, via the Cambridge Trusts, approximately 80 Cambridge International Scholarships to Overseas Students who embark on a research course in the next academical year.
‣ The Cambridge International Scholarship Scheme awards will be made on a competitive basis to those applicants considered by their departments to be the most outstanding.
Have what it takes to avail Cambridge International Scholarship Scheme ? Applicants must
‣ be liable to pay the Overseas University Composition Fee (i.e. be assessed as ‘Overseas’ for Fee Status purposes).
‣ be engaged in a three year research programme leading to the PhD (i.e. will be registered as PhD, “Probationary PhD” or “CPGS”) starting in the next academical year.
‣ be engaged in full-time study.
‣ have a high upper-second-class undergraduate honours degree from a UK Higher Education Institution, or an equivalent from an Overseas Institution. Please note: all students applying for a course of one year duration or less (including LLM, MSt, MBA, MED, Part III Mathematics, MPhil) in the next academical year are not eligible for a CISS award in the next academical year.
‣ The awards will be made on a competitive basis to those applicants considered by their departments to be the most outstanding.
‣ In March, all the nominated candidates with a conditional offer of admission will be considered by a selection committee comprising academic members of the Student Registry.
‣ The committee will draw up a list of candidates who will be made an offer of a CISS award immediately.
‣ A reserve list of candidates will also be drawn up who may receive a CISS award should any become available.
‣ These candidates will receive a confirmatory email. Several hundred partially funded awards will also be made by the Cambridge Trusts to candidates unsuccessful in obtaining a full cost CISS award.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ You apply for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship at the same time as you apply for a degree course, a College place, and any other funding opportunities through the University of Cambridge Graduate Applicant Portal.
You will need to supply various supporting documents (e.g. transcripts and academic references), including a personal reference for your application to Gates Cambridge.
In order to make the best possible application you should read the entire Apply section of this website in conjunction with the University's Graduate Admissions website and the website of the department to which you intend to apply. We advise you to research admission and funding as early as possible and not leave your application until the last minute.
‣ The closing date for this funding is firm – no late applications can be considered.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 7 December 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.