CACSSS Excellence Masters Scholarships for International Students in Ireland , and applications are submitted till 27th April, 2015. College of Arts, Celtic Studies and Social Sciences of University College Cork is awarding a maximum of twelve excellence scholarships for EU and non-EU students. The applications are open for humanities and social sciences graduates (excluding Mathematics, Law and Commerce/Business) who wish to carry out a taught masters programme commencing in September 2015. Scholarships are for one year full-time or two years part-time only and will only cover the EU fee. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Ireland
Level: taught master’s programme
Field(s): Scholarships are awarded in the field of Applied Linguistics, Applied Psychology, Applied Psychology (Guidance Counseling), Applied Psychology (Psychological Research Methods), Archaeological Excavation, Archaeology and GeoInformatics, Asian Business, Asian Studies, Beginnings of Irish Christianity, Celtic Civilization, Coaching Practice, Coaching Psychology, Comparative Aesthetics and the Arts, Comparative and World Literature, Composition, Contemporary Chinese Culture and Business, Contemporary Migration and Diaspora Studies, Contemporary Religions, Criminology, Creative Writing, Digital Arts and Humanities, Drama and Theatre Studies, Early & Medieval Irish, Education (modular Masters in Education), Education Science Stream A (Secondary Science), Education Science Stream B (Primary Science), English – American Literature & Film, English – Irish Writing: Theories and Traditions, English – Modernities: Romanticism, Modernism and Post-Modernism, English – Texts and Contexts: Medieval to Renaissance, Ethnomusicology, European Development Studies, Film Studies, International Relations (History), Irish Folklore, Irish Studies, French, German, Hispanic Studies, History of Art – Modern and Contemporary Art, Human Osteoarchaeology, Irish Revolution, Landscape Built Heritage and Design, Local History, Music & Cultural History, Modern Irish, Philosophy, Planning and Sustainable Development, Politics, Social Policy,
Social Work, Sociology, Sociology of Development & Globalization, Translation Studies, Women’s Studies and Youth and Community Work.
Deadline : 27th April 2015.
Funded By: University College Cork
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): CACSSS Excellence Masters Scholarships are targeted for EU and non-EU students.
‣ Award No: A maximum of twelve Excellence Scholarships (Masters) will be awarded each year. Each of the eleven Schools in the College of Arts, Celtic Studies and Social Sciences will award a scholarship and one scholarship will also be awarded to applicants on interdisciplinary programmes within the College.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The scholarships are for one year full-time or two years part-time only and are not extendable for any reason. If the Taught Programme is officially of two years’ duration, then the scholarship can be renewed for a second year, subject to satisfactory reports from the student and supervisor at the end of Year 1.
‣ Scholarship covers: The scholarships are open to EU and non-EU students. However, the funding will only cover the EU fee, so successful non-EU applicants will be responsible for the balance.
‣ Applications for Excellence Scholarships (Masters) are invited from Humanities and Social Sciences graduates (excluding Mathematics, Law and Commerce/Business) who wish to carry out a Taught Masters programme commencing in September 2015 in the College of Arts, Celtic Studies and Social Sciences (CACSSS) at University College Cork, Ireland.
‣ Applicants must have at least Second Class Honours (Grade 1) or equivalent in their first or subsequent degree.
‣ Applications are invited from students who will commence a Taught Masters programme in Autumn 2015.
‣ Applicants should already have applied through PAC for the relevant programme. The award of the scholarship(s) is contingent on the student being accepted to the relevant Taught Masters programme.
Selection Criteria for CACSSS Excellence Masters Scholarships
Applications will be assessed according to the following criteria:
‣ The CACSSS Graduate Studies Committee will select the successful applicant from a
shortlist of two forwarded to the CACSSS Graduate Studies Committee by each individual programme coordinator.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applicants should complete the Excellence Scholarship (Masters) application form. In addition, applicants should ask a recent lecturer/academic advisor/supervisor to send an academic reference separately, on the appropriate form. Non-UCC graduates should include scanned transcripts of their academic record.
‣ All documentation must be submitted by email. Incomplete applications, hard copy applications, or applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Applications must adhere to the stipulated word limits.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 27th April 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Your first paragraph ...