C V Raman International Fellowship for African Researchers in India, and applications are submitted till August 31, 2014. For more Information aboutFICCI, on behalf of Department of Science & Technology is inviting applications for C V Raman International Fellowship available for African Researchers. The Fellowship provides opportunities to conduct collaborative research / training in the areas of Science & Technology at universities and research institutions in India. Three types of fellowships will be awarded i.e. Post Doctoral Fellowship, Visiting fellowship and Senior Fellowship for 6 months, 3 months and 1 month duration respectively. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | India
Level: Fellowship (Fellowship is available for pursuing research / training program at universities and research institutions in India.)
Field(s): Fellowship is awarded for collaborative research with leading research groups in Indian universities and R&D institutions in the areas of Science & Technology.
Deadline: August 31, 2014.
Funded By: The Department of Science & Technology (DST) and Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), Government of India through the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI).
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): C V Raman International Fellowship is targeted for Citizens of Africa (Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia,
Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe)
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Three types of fellowships Post Doctoral Fellowship, Visiting fellowship and Senior Fellowship for 6 months, 3 months and 1 month duration respectively.
‣ Scholarship covers: Sustenance Allowance: -Doctoral/ Post Doctoral Fellowship: Rs 40,000/- per month including accommodation, food and local travel expenses -Visiting Fellowship: “Rs 50,000/- per month including accommodation, food and local travel expenses” -Senior Fellowship: Rs 50,000/- per month + accommodation (accommodation in host institute’s guest house with reasonable facilities / hotel with a cap of Rs 2500 per day). Contingency Grant: To cover unforeseen expenses relating to lab/field research, books, stationeries, medicines and other miscellaneous expenses, if any Doctoral/ Post Doctoral Fellowship: Rs 20,000/-, Visiting Fellowship: Rs 10,000/- and Senior Fellowship: Rs 10000 + local travel grant(up to max.Rs.30000) -Air Fare : A round trip air ticket by economy class (Approximate conversion rate US $ 1 = Rs 60)
‣ The C V Raman International Fellowship provides opportunities for African researchers to conduct collaborative research / training for 1-6 months duration at universities and research institutions in India. The applicant should be actively engaged in research at a university or research institution in the African country.
‣ Screening of applications will be conducted by an expert selection committee set up by Department of Science & Technology (DST), Government of India, based on scientific merit and proposed contribution to advance research in the proposed area / subject.
‣ Selection /acceptance letters will be sent to all successful candidates after the final announcement of the selection committee.
‣ Names of fellowship awardees along with their respective host researchers and institutions, along with their research themes will also be posted on India-Africa Science & Technology initiative website, Department of Science & Technology (DST) and Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) website, DST website and FICCI website.
‣ Applications may be submitted online, via e-mail to scholars-at-ficci.com or by post to FICCI, New Delhi, India.
‣ Application process is as follows :
Step 1: Applicant registers online or Downloads the application form
Step 2: Applicant arranges all necessary documents (mentioned below) required for application
Step 3: Applicant establishes contact with his / her prospective host scientist in India and secures an official consent letter from the concerned Indian host institute
-Step 4: Applicant submits his / her application to FICCI, through any of the modes – online / email / hard copy
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on August 31, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.