BYU Undergraduate Scholarships are offered by Brigham Young University for new freshmen, former and continuing under degree-seeking students and Transfer students. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Brigham Young University | USA
Level: Undergraduate Degree
Field(s): Any of the courses offered by the Brigham Young University.
Deadline: October 1, 2013.
Funded By: Brigham Young University
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): BYU Undergraduate Scholarships are targeted for International and US students.
‣ Award No: Brigham Young University anticipates awarding approximately one-fourth of the new incoming freshmen students an academic scholarship.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The Financial Aid Office limits assistance to eight semesters of fall/winter scholarship per student. Spring/summer scholarships do not count against the eight semesters of eligibility. Thus, after receiving eight semesters of fall/winter scholarship, you may still be eligible for spring/summer awards.
‣ Scholarship covers: Most scholarships are either full LDS tuition or half LDS tuition. Students will receive only one scholarship from the Financial Aid Office.
If you qualify for more than one scholarship, you will receive the award with the highest monetary value. You are welcome to receive additional scholarships from your department or other organizations.
‣ Brigham Young University offers BYU Undergraduate Scholarships to select students, who have demonstrated a serious and diligent commitment to academic excellence, as an investment in their education.
‣ Scholarship funds are provided through tithes of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and offerings of generous friends of the university.
‣ They are given to encourage continued commitment to spiritual and intellectual growth.
‣ The gift of a scholarship assumes an obligation on the part of the recipient to use that investment wisely to prepare for expanded and purposeful service in the Lord’s kingdom.
To avail BYU Undergraduate Scholarships, candidates must meet the following criteria:
‣ New Freshmen: Prospective new freshmen are eligible to apply for undergraduate scholarships beginning with the term/semester they are admitted.
‣ Please note scholarship deadlines listed below. Freshmen must submit all admissions materials to the Admissions Office by the scholarship deadline in order to be considered for scholarships.
‣ Former and Continuing Students: Former and continuing undergraduate degree-seeking students are eligible to apply for undergraduate scholarships.
‣ Former students receive consideration as continuing students.
‣ Transfer Students: Transfer students are not eligible for academic scholarships upon initial entrance at BYU.
‣ Transfer students can apply for academic scholarships as Continuing students after having completed at least one full enrollment (12 credit hours) at BYU by the appropriate March 1 application deadline.
‣ International Students: International students are eligible to apply for academic scholarships after completing one full enrollment (12 credits) at BYU. The deadline to submit the continuing student scholarship application is March 1. Scholarships are awarded annually.
‣ The scholarships will be awarded on academic basis.
‣ Notification is sent to all applicants on Mid-November whether they are awarded a scholarship or not. Notification will be sent electronically through your Message Center.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply online.
‣ Scholarship Applications Due Date 01 October 2013.
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2014, International, scholarships, Undergraduate, USA
Your first paragraph ...