The Buick Achievers Scholarship Program in USA, funded by the GM Foundation, is designed to help students who are leaders in both the classroom and their communities. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country) : Accredited four-year college or university in the United States or Puerto Rico | USA or Puerto Rico
Level: Undergraduate Degree
Deadline: 28 February 2013
Funded by: GM Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Group): The Buick Achievers Scholarship is open for USA Citizens
‣ No. of Scholarships : 100 scholarships are for first-time freshman or existing college students which are renewable
‣ Duration of the Scholarship : up to four years and one additional year for those have qualified for five-year engineering program.
‣ What does the scholarship cover?
‣ The Buick Achievers Scholarship Program in USA, funded by the GM Foundation offers scholarships to high school seniors, graduates or current undergraduate students.
‣ Applicants should be interested in pursuing a career in the automotive or related industries.
‣ Making a difference today and becoming a leader for tomorrow.
‣ If those words describe you, we can help.
‣ The GM Foundation funded Buick scholarship is designed to help students who are leaders in both the classroom and their communities, but who may not have the financial means to attend college.
‣ The scholarship program will award 100 renewable scholarships for up to $25,000 per year and 1,000 one-time scholarships for $2,000.
‣ Scholarships will be awarded based on participation and leadership in community and school activities, interest in the automotive industry, academic achievement, and financial need.
‣ Special consideration will be given to those who are a first-generation college student, female, minority, military veteran or a dependent of military personnel.
To qualify for The Buick Achievers Scholarship Program in USA, applicants must fulfill the following requirements:
‣ Be high school seniors or graduates or be current undergraduate students
‣ Plan to enrol in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited U.S. or Puerto Rico four-year college or university for the entire 2013-14 academic year (excluding proprietary and online schools)
‣ Plan to major in a specified course of study that focuses on Engineering/Technology or select Design and Business-related programs of study.
‣ See the list of eligible majors.
‣ Be interested in pursuing a career in the automotive or related industries
‣ Be U.S. citizens and have permanent residence in the United States or Puerto Rico.
‣ Note: Scholarship recipients are selected based on the following factors: academic achievement and financial need -Participation and leadership in community and school activities, work experience and interest in pursuing a career in the automotive or related industry
‣ Please note special consideration will be given to the following applicants: first-generation college, female, minority, military veteran or a dependent of military personnel.
Scholarships Application Methods
‣ Apply online.
‣ Scholarship applications are due by 28 February 2013.
‣ It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like