BSMS Global Health Scholarship for International Applicants in UK , and applications are submitted till 30 June 2016. BSMS announce a number of scholarships for students admitted to full-time Master’s degree in Global Health at the Wellcome Trust Centre for Global Health Research for the academic year 2015-2016. The scholarship provides two £2,500 awards towards tuition fees to UK and EU students or one £5,000 award towards tuition fees to International (non-UK/EU) students. Scholarships are available for admission in 2015 only and will be awarded on the basis of academic and/or professional merit and financial need. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | UK
Level: Masters degree programme.
Field(s): Scholarships are awarded in Global Health at the Wellcome Trust Centre for Global Health Research.
Deadline:30 June 2016.
Funded By: Brighton and Sussex Medical School (BSMS), and confirm the emergence of the Global Health Department at BSMS as a national and international leader in global health research, practice and PG study.
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): BSMS Global Health Scholarship is targeted for UK, European and International students
‣ No. of awards: The scholarship provides two £2,500 awards towards tuition fees to UK and EU students or one £5,000 award towards tuition fees to International (Non UK/EU) students.
‣ Scholarship Tenure : not known
‣Value of Scholarship : Scholarship of £2,500 (UK/EU students) and £5,000 (Non UK/EU students) will be awarded to the applicants.
‣ The Global Health programme is run by the Wellcome Trust Brighton and Sussex Centre for Global Health Research and offers individuals an opportunity to equip themselves with the knowledge and skills to contribute to the improvement of health and the achievement of equity in health globally.
‣ First- or upper second-class undergraduate honours degree in any subject OR
‣ Successful completion of at least 3 years basic medical science at a UK medical school (having gained at least 360 credits) with a guaranteed place to continue medical studies on completion of the MSc.
‣ English Language requirements
‣ 7.5 overall and not less than 7.0 in each of the 4 sections
‣ IGCSE English (2nd language):
‣ Grade A
‣ Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE):
‣ Grade B
‣ Cambridge Advanced Certificate in English (CAE):
‣ Grade A.
Selection criteria for BSMS Global Health Scholarship
‣ The BSMS Global Health scholarships are available for admission in 2015 only and will be awarded on the basis of academic and/or professional merit and financial need.
‣ The successful candidate/s will be notified by 15th August 2016
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applicants must first apply for admission to the MSc in Global Health course via the BSMS ‘Apply online’ application system.
‣ Applicants will need their applicant number to complete the BSMS Global Health Scholarship’s Application form.
‣ The completed BSMS Global Health application form should be submitted as a single Word document saved as a PDF by e-mail, with “BSMS Global Health Scholarship” as subject line, to: m.trueba-at-bsms.ac.uk on 30 June 2016(UK time).
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 30 June 2016.
Required documents are:
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.