BRAIN Postdoctoral Fellowships for International Researchers in Germany and applications are submitted till April 15th, 2014. The Brandenburg Research Academy and International Network – offers 10 incoming postdoctoral fellowships for duration of 24 months to experienced young international researchers (post-docs). BRAIN is co-funded by the Marie Curie Programme of the European Union (co-funding of Regional, National and International Programmes). Fellowships include an employment contract at their chosen host university with salaries equal to those of the Marie Curie Programme for experienced researchers, including social security and health insurance as well as pension coverage. A mobility and travel allowance will also be given. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): At host university in Brandenburg | Germany
Level: postdoctoral programme
Field(s): Researchers can further their academic careers by pursuing research projects in their scientific field at a Brandenburg university of their choice.
Deadline: April 15th, 2014.
Funded By: Brandenburg Ministry of Sciences, Research and Cultural Affairs
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): BRAIN Postdoctoral Fellowships are targeted for International (non-German) applicants.
‣ Award No: The Brandenburg Research Academy and International Network (BRAIN) offers 10 incoming fellowships.
‣ Scholarship Duration: These BRAIN Postdoctoral Fellowships are awarded for 24 months.
‣ Scholarship covers: -An employment contract at their chosen host university with salaries equal to those of the Marie Curie Programme for experienced researchers, including social security and health insurance as well as pension coverage. -A mobility and travel allowance. - Opportunities for professional training and coaching on the development of individual and professional competencies. - Working in an inspiring academic environment in the Berlin-Brandenburg region that offers the highest concentration of universities and research institutions in Germany.
‣ BRAIN (Brandenburg Research Academy and International Network) is a pilot programme offering 10 incoming post-doc fellowships to experienced young international researchers.
‣ It was developed by the Brandenburg Ministry of Sciences, Research and Cultural Affairs together with all Brandenburg universities.
‣ BRAIN is co-funded by the Marie Curie Programme of the European Union (co-funding of Regional, National and International Programmes.
‣ Eligible applicants are non-German nationals residing abroad who have not carried out any research in Germany for the last three years.
‣ Eligible applicants have undertaken at least three years of research since obtaining their doctorate.
‣ Eligible applicants need to identify a potential host university in Brandenburg and a letter of agreement from a professor to support their research project.
‣ All applications that have been found eligible are evaluated by two external reviewers, at least one of them international.
‣ One of them will be one of the 7 international experts who are members of the Selection Panel. Both reviewers will be outstanding experts in the field of research of the application they evaluate.
‣ In the evaluation, merit will be judged quantitatively as well as qualitatively, taking into account the applicant’s whole range of knowledge, experience and capability.
‣ Within two weeks after selection decision.
‣ Applicants must send an email to brain-at-mwfk.brandenburg.de containing the following documents as attachments (pdf-or MS Word documents).
‣ 2-3 Expert references
‣ Proof of residence outside Germany for the last 3 years before application
‣ Proof of completion of doctoral degree at least 3 years before application
‣ Proof of postdoctoral research (e.g. list of published articles or books….)
‣ Additional information such as prizes etc. (in case there is such information) ‣ Research proposal - Supervisor’s agreement
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on April 15th, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like