Bodie McDowell Scholarship for Undergraduate and Graduate Students in USA, and applications are submitted till April 1, 2016. Outdoor Writers Association of America Inc. (OWAA) annually awards three or more scholarships for undergraduate (entering junior or senior year) and graduate students. Recipients must be students of outdoor communications fields including print, photography, film, art or broadcasting. There is no limit to the number of candidates that can apply from one college or university. Awards can range from $1,000 to $5,000. Full detail:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Level: Undergraduate (entering junior or senior year) or Graduate Students.
Field(s): OWAA is interested in rewarding outstanding undergraduate and graduate students who are working toward careers in outdoor communications fields including print, photography, film, art, video and film making.
Deadline: April 1, 2016
Funded By: Outdoor Writers Association of America Inc. (OWAA)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Bodie McDowell Scholarship is targeted for Students of USA.
‣ Award No: Bodie McDow scholarship awards are usually given annually to three or more students.
‣ Scholarship covers: Awards can range from $1,000 to $5,000.
‣ Outdoor Writers Association of America Inc. (OWAA) sponsors a Bodie McDowell Scholarship program for tomorrow’s communicators.
‣ OWAA is interested in rewarding outstanding undergraduate and graduate students who are working toward careers in outdoor writing, radio and television, wildlife photography, art, lecturing or video and film making.
‣ Ideal candidates are talented communicators with outdoor interests who want to become professionals in the outdoor communications field.
‣ Judges look for applicants with talent, promise and firsthand outdoor knowledge. Applications are rated on clarity, organization and originality.
‣ Grade-point average is also considered. Many past scholarship winners have become well-known professionals, including the first recipient who became an OWAA president.
‣ Scholarship awardees receive a complimentary one-year student membership in OWAA.
‣ The scholarship program is open to all college students, undergraduate and graduate, from all disciplines and all schools.
‣ Bodie McDowell Scholarships are awarded in both graduate and undergraduate categories.
‣ There is no limit to the number of candidates that can apply from one college or university.
‣ Each candidate should have a career goal in outdoor communications, demonstrated by submission to OWAA of printed, film or taped material, job history, course orientation or other evidence of good faith.
‣ Outdoor communication broadly includes print, film and tape media, as well as outdoor art.
‣ Career goals in outdoor communications, examples of work and letters of recommendation.
‣ Academic achievement is considered but is not among the top three selection criteria.
‣ Applicants should apply by post.
The application must include:
a) OWAA application form properly completed.
b) Recommendation from a participating faculty advisor
c) Grade transcript.
d) Examples of outdoor communication work. Important:
e) A one- to two-page statement by the nominee that details career goals.
f) Optional letters of recommendation from outdoor communicators or employers familiar with applicant’s work.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 1 April 2016
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Your first paragraph ...