Bluhm-Helfand Social Innovation Fellowship @ Chicago Ideas Week recognizes a group of young socially-conscious leaders.
School(Institutions/ Country): Chicago for Chicago Ideas Week | USA
Social Innovation Fellowship @ Chicago Ideas Week recognizes a group of young socially-conscious leaders who have developed sustainable ventures addressing social needs, and provides them with exposure to nationally recognized business and community leaders, funding to support their cause, and a platform for growth.
Funded By: Bluhm-Helfand Social Innovation Fellowship
Deadline: June 6, 2013; Course starts October 2013
Beneficiaries( Target Group): Open to: international applicants younger than 35 years
Benefits( Value/ Inclusions):
‣ No. of Awards: not Specified.
‣ Scholarship Covers:fellowships of $10,000 financial contribution
‣ The Bluhm-Helfand Social Innovation Fellowship @ Chicago Ideas Week recognizes a group of young socially-conscious leaders who have developed sustainable ventures addressing social needs, and provides them with exposure to nationally recognized business and community leaders, funding to support their cause, and a platform for growth.
‣ The Fellowship was created by philanthropist and entrepreneurs Leslie Bluhm and David Helfand to help advance the next generation of social innovators, entrepreneurs, and change agents. In 2012, the fellowship received over 200 applications.
‣ The BHSI Fellows are hosted in Chicago for Chicago Ideas Week, in October each year, all expenses paid. Fellows gain exposure for their organization, establish a community of support, and receive a $10,000 financial contribution for their venture.
Each of the Bluhm-Helfand Social Innovation fellows will receive $10,000 in financial support for their venture, and they'll join a group of likeminded young innovators for a week of one-of-a-kind experiences including:
‣ The opportunity to present their ventures at Chicago Ideas Week alongside leading innovators, entrepreneurs, and thinkers, in front of an exclusive audience.
‣ Intimate breakfasts and lunches with prominent business and political leaders. Past meetings hosted by: Mayor Richard M. Daley, TIME Managing Editor Rick Stengel, Chairman of Equity Group Investments Sam Zell, and Groupon Chairman and Co-Founder Eric Lefkofsky.
‣ Participate in hands-on working sessions with top not-for-profit leaders. Past speakers include: Pencils of Promise Founder & CEO Adam Braun, Livestrong CEO Doug Ulman and charity: water Founder & CEO Scott Harrison.
‣ One-on-one meetings with potential funders, partners, and mentors relevant to their ventures. Previous mentors include: United Airline’s Managing Director of Corporate and Community Affairs Sonya Jackson, Ariel Investments President Mellody Hobson, entrepreneur and philanthropist J.B. Pritzker, GrubHub Founder Matthew Maloney, and philanthropist and civic leader Helen Zell.
‣ Access to Chicago Ideas Week speakers. Past speakers include: President Bill Clinton, General Colin Powell, Justice Sandra Day O'Connor, Mayor Michael Bloomberg, Attorney General Kamala Harris, Deepak Chopra, Edward Norton, Judith Rodin, Robert Kennedy, Jr., Tom Brokaw, Ellen Gustafson, Wes Craven, Kevin Bacon and Dean Kamen.
‣ A night rocking out a private concert with a superstar headliner. Headliners have included Third Eye Blind and Weezer!
‣ And much more!
‣ All applicants must be 35 years of age or younger (born on or after October 13, 1978).
‣ Applicants may be from anywhere in the world.
‣ Ventures may be for-profit or not-for-profit entities.
‣ All ventures must demonstrate that they are innovative and addressing compelling social need(s).
‣ All ventures must demonstrate a sustainable model with proven results.
‣ Chicago Ideas Week takes place from October 14-20, 2013.
‣ The fellowship takes place from October 13-17. In order to be considered, all applicants must be available from October 13-17.*
Scholarship Application Method:
‣ March 25: Applications Open
‣ June 6: Deadline to Apply
‣ July 22: Semi-finalists notified
‣ August 3-4: Semi-finalist Interviews
‣ Mid-August: 2013 Bluhm/Helfand Social Innovation Fellows announced
‣ October 13-17: Bluhm-Helfand Social Innovation Fellowship @ Chicago Ideas Week
‣ Fellows are welcome (but not required) to attend the remainder of Chicago Ideas Week (all expenses paid). All applicants must be available for an interview the weekend of August 3-4 in the event they are selected as semi-finalists. Semi-finalists may choose to interview in person, in Chicago (with all travel expenses paid) or remotely.
‣ For questions or more information on the BHSI Fellowship, please contact Jessica Malkin at email@example.com
‣ It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like