BlackBerry Scholarship is offered for US and non-US students worldwide women applicants. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Level: Undergraduate Degree
Field(s): Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics.
Deadline: June 26th, 2013.
Funded By: BlackBerry
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): BlackBerry Scholarship is targeted for the Program is open to US and non-US students worldwide.
‣ Award No: Up to ten (10) awards will be granted by BlackBerry.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarship is offered for four year.
‣ Scholarship covers: The scholarship award (individually, a “Scholarship” or an “Award”, together, the “Awards”) includes full tuition for the 2013-2014, 2014-2015, 2015-2016 and 2016-2017 academic years, and will be awarded at the beginning of the school year. The Scholarship does not cover room and board, other living expenses, books or materials fees, transportation, or other costs not included in tuition.
‣ The BlackBerry Scholarship Program is a global four-year scholarship program for outstanding women entering their first year of undergraduate study at an accredited college or university.
‣ The Program is designed to help increase the number of women studying and influencing the future of mobile computing, including Science, Technology, Engineering and Math, and particularly those with an interest and/or aptitude in the mobile computing space.
The terms and conditions include (but are not limited to):
‣ The Recipient must remain an active, full-time student, enrolled in an undergraduate program in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math related fields at all times during the academic years of the Award.
‣ The BlackBerry Scholarship Recipient must remain in good academic standing and maintain a grade point average of 3.0 or higher (or local equivalent) in order to maintain the award or forfeit the remainder of the Award. Recipient will be required to submit a current academic transcript following the end of each academic year, as will be detailed in the terms and conditions.
‣ Through the four years of study covered by the Award, the Recipient must use a BlackBerry® smartphone exclusively (to be provided by BlackBerry) and must participate in various BlackBerry “Keep Moving” projects, training, networking opportunities and mentoring programs identified by BlackBerry, and may be responsible for written materials from time to time as may be requested by BlackBerry. All written work product and blog entries will become property of BlackBerry.
‣ An internship at BlackBerry may be required for three (3) months period during third or fourth year of study, with all related living and travel expenses associated with the internship to be paid by BlackBerry.
‣ Payment of the Scholarships will be made directly to the college or university in which the recipient is matriculated and enrolled on an annual basis before the start of each school year.
‣ Any tax implications for the Scholarship will depend on the tax law where the individual Recipient resides and may also depend on the policies and procedures at the college or university where the recipient has matriculated.
To be eligible for BlackBerry Scholarship, candidates must meet the following criteria:
‣ All applicants to The BlackBerry Scholars Program must be female and age 18 or older (or the equivalent age of majority where you live).
‣ If the applicant is a minor, consent for participation in the program and acceptance of the Award is required from their parent or legal guardian at the time of application for the Program.
Program is open to U.S. and non-U.S. students worldwide, unless
otherwise indicated in these terms and conditions or in other
documentation associated with the Program.
‣ Applicants must be entering as a full-time first year undergraduate in the 2013-2014 academic year at an accredited college or university and planning to pursue a course of study majoring or concentrating in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics.
‣ Transfer between Science, Technology and Math programs will not affect payment of the award, however BlackBerry must be notified prior to any transfer.
‣ Employees of BlackBerry and members of the scholarship selection panel, and members of their immediate families or others living in the same household, are not eligible for a scholarship through the Program and should not apply.
‣ Applicants must not have ever been convicted of a crime or have acted in a manner that will bring BlackBerry into disrepute, in BlackBerry’s sole discretion.
‣ Complete applications will be reviewed by a panel comprised of judges and panelists representing the BlackBerry® Scholars Program, whose collective expertise covers a wide range of disciplines.
‣ Applicants will be evaluated and selected based on the following criteria, to be weighted equally in the selection determination:
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Access the application for the Program here.
‣ Applicants are required to complete and submit application materials online.
‣ BlackBerry Scholarship Applicants must provide:
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: Women who will be entering their first year of study in the 2013-2014 academic year and are interested in this scholarship may apply for the Program by June 26th, 2013 application deadline.
‣ Scholarship recipients (“Recipients”) will be notified by mail on or before July 31st, 2013.
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2013, 2014, Featured, International, Scholarship, USA, women