Bill Sanderson Aviation Maintenance Technician Graduate Scholarships is offered by Helicopter Foundation International for International Students in USA. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Helicopter Foundation International (HFI) | USA
Field(s): Helicopter Maintenance.
Deadline: November 30, 2013.
Funded By:Helicopter Foundation International (HFI)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Bill Sanderson Aviation Maintenance Technician Graduate Scholarships are targeted for International Students.
‣ Award No: Up to eight scholarships are offered
‣ Scholarship covers:Total offer with a value not to exceed $1,600 may be awarded. The first place winner will be awarded $1,600 from HFI to assist with expenses. Those finishing in second, third, fourth and fifth place will receive $1,150, $850, $750 and $650, respectively, for assistance with expenses. Sixth, seventh, and eighth place winners will be offered one of the remaining courses without monetary assistance. All winners receive a one-year membership to HAI.
‣ Helicopter Foundation International has long recognized the need for qualified commercial helicopter pilots and helicopter maintenance technicians.
‣ Over the last several years, the shortage has become very real. Many of our experienced pilots and maintenance technicians are nearing retirement age.
‣ Conflicts have pulled experienced personnel from our ranks at a time when the helicopter industry is enjoying growth – due in part to the wider recognition of the tremendous versatility of this phenomenal and versatile machine.
‣ Helicopter Foundation International (HFI) is pleased to announce the 2013 Bill Sanderson Aviation Maintenance Technician (AMT) Scholarship Award Program.
‣ Bill Sanderson Aviation Maintenance Technician Graduate Scholarships program was founded by Helicopters Association International’s (HAI) Technical Committee to promote the choice of helicopter maintenance as a career.
To be eligible for B Sanderson Aviation Maintenance Technician Graduate Scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
‣ should be about to graduate from an FAA approved Part 147 AMT School, or a recent recipient (within the last two years) of an Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Certificate.
‣ All FAA written and practical exams must be successfully completed prior to attending the chosen school (not necessarily prior to applying for the scholarship).
‣ International applicants should have their respective country’s FAA equivalent tests completed.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Please fill out the 2013 B Sanderson Aviation Maintenance Technician Scholarship application form, ensuring that all portions are completed.
‣ There are two parts to the application. PART I is to be completed by the applicant. PART II is to be completed by the AMT Program Director, Administrator or Instructor.
‣ If additional space is needed for any part of the application, separate sheets may be attached.
‣ Ask your director for the opportunity to view “Careers in Helicopters Maintenance” DVD.
‣ The application forms and more information can be found on website www.rotor.com. Applications must be typed or printed.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due by November 30, 2013.
‣ The winners will be announced prior to Helicopters Association International’s Technical Committee meeting.
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2013, 2014, Aviation, International, Scholarship, Technician, USA
Your first paragraph ...