Bielefeld University, Graduate School of Economics and Management welcomes applications from exceptional and highly motivated graduates with a degree in Business Administration, Economics, Mathematics or related fields, such as Engineering, Operations Research, Statistics, etc. In Germany. Full details:
School:Bielefeld University | Germany
Field(s): Business Administration, Economics, Mathematics
Funded by: Bielefeld U
Deadline: 31 January 2013
Beneficiaries(Target Group): Scholarship is Open to applicants with a Master's degree or equivalent
Benefits( Values/ Inclusions): Please visit the website below.
‣ Bielefeld U, Graduate School of Economics and Management welcomes applications from exceptional and highly motivated graduates with a degree in Business Administration, Economics, Mathematics or related fields, such as Engineering, Operations Research, Statistics, etc.
To qualify for Bielefeld University PhD in Business Administration, Economics, Mathematics, candidates must fulfill the following stipulations :
‣ The formal prerequisite for admission as a doctoral student is a Master's degree or equivalent (e.g. a German Diploma) conferred by a University after four years of study and including a written thesis.
‣ The degree need not be completed at the time of application.
‣ Furthermore, a sound knowledge of modern mathematical techniques is indispensable for successful participation.
‣ The application period for the academic year starting October 1, 2013 is November 1, 2012 - January 31, 2013.
‣ An application for admission to the graduate school should include exactly 2 PDF-files consisting of (please take care of the order):
the completed official application form (pdf)
‣ Every applicant should contact two academic or professional referees and ask them to submit completed recommendation forms (doc), optionally accompanied by letters of reference, directly to BiGSEM.
‣ Applicants whose native language is not English must present proof of their language proficiency unless they have completed a college or university degree taught entirely in English.
‣ A high score in the Test Of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or any other standardized international test constitutes sufficient evidence of a good command of English.
‣ The available places will be offered to the most promising candidates after a careful selection process. Prospective students are encouraged to add any relevant information that might help the admissions committee in making their decision.
‣ Please note that the University currently charges no tuition fees for doctoral work. However, an enrolment fee of about 200€ is due every semester and includes a ticket for unlimited public transport in the area. Also, health insurance is mandatory in most cases.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply by post
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
‣ Complete application packages should be sent to: email
‣ Alternatively, documents may be submitted via mail:
Bielefeld Graduate School of Economics and Management
P.O. Box 100131
‣ The next deadline for applications is November 1, 2012 - January 31, 2013.
You may also like