BGHS Start-up Scholarships for International Students in Germany, and applications are submitted till 15th January 2017. Applications are invited for six-month doctoral scholarships available for international graduate students in the area of history, sociology, anthropology or political science at Bielefeld Graduate School. The grant consists of a stipend of 1,200 Euros per month. Recipients receive the opportunity to prepare a convincing proposal for a dissertation project. Successful candidates may subsequently apply for a doctoral scholarship, for employment or for a doctoral degree programme at the BGHS or elsewhere. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Bielefeld University | Germany
Level: Doctoral Degree
Field(s): history, sociology, anthropology or political science.
Deadline: 15th January 2017.
Funded By: Bielefeld University, Germany
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): BGHS Start-up Scholarships are targeted for International applicants (Non German)
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: These doctoral
scholarships are awarded for a period of six-month.
‣ Scholarship covers: The grant consists of a stipend of 1,200 euros per month. This amount will be supplemented by an allowance for children if applicable. Upon application, travel costs can also be covered by the Graduate School. Moreover, the BGHS will offer a study programme tailored to the particular needs of international MA graduates. Scholarship holders will participate in workshops on German academia as well as on writing a project description. Frequent exchange with peer researchers, BGHS staff, and professors facilitates guidance and support during these six months. Scholarship holders will also take part in a German or English class at PunktUm.
‣ The BGHS awards six-month start-up scholarships to international MA graduates who would like to pursue a doctoral degree in history, sociology, anthropology, or political science. Recipients receive the opportunity to prepare a convincing proposal for a dissertation project.
‣ Successful BGHS Start-up Scholarships candidates may subsequently apply for a doctoral scholarship, for employment or for a doctoral degree programme at the BGHS or elsewhere.
‣ Graduates from abroad who wish to pursue a doctoral degree in history, sociology, anthropology, or political science may apply for a start-up scholarship. We welcome applications from pre-doctoral researchers.
‣ Applicants should speak either German or English. Neither German nationals nor foreigners with a tertiary education from a German university may apply.
‣ The start-up scholarships are meant to further networking with scientists at the BGHS, therefore no prolonged archival or research trips should take place during this period.
Applications should be submitted until January 15, 2017 via the online application portal.
‣ All application documents should be either in German or in English.
Please submit the following documents:
Please read the FAQs carefully. They contain all important information on application requirements and procedures. Please also read the project description guidelines for information on formal design and content as well as the covering letter and curriculum vitae guidelines. Please feel free to contact us should you have any questions: email@example.com.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 15th January 2017.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.