Bermuda Government offers Scholarships for Undergraduate and graduate program for the academic year 2013. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Abroad
Level: Undergraduate, Postgraduate or PhD Degree
Field(s): Any of the courses offered by the university
Deadline: 1st April 2013
Funded by: Bermuda Government
Beneficiaries( Target Group): Scholarship is Open for Students of Bermudian.
‣ No. of Awards: A maximum of eight (8) Bermuda Gov't Scholarships are awarded annually.
‣ Scholarship Duration:The Bermuda Government Scholarship is tenable for a general term of three years.
‣ Scholarship covers: The Bermuda Government Scholarship is tenable for a general term of three years, at a college or university outside Bermuda and approved by the Ministry of Education and provides funding to cover the costs of:
‣ Completed application forms together with all available supporting documentation must be submitted to the Scholarships and Awards Committee, Ministry of Education, not later than 1stApril, 2013.
‣ An exception is made with respect to the up-to-date transcript, which must be submitted to the Scholarships and Awards Committee by not later than 1stJuly, 2013:
Applicants must meet the following criteria to avail Bermuda Government Scholarships for Undergraduate and graduate program.
‣ a. The applicant must be a British Subject, born in Bermuda or, if not born in Bermuda;
i. The child of at least one parent who possesses Bermudian status under the provision of the Bermuda Immigration and Protection Act 1956, or,
ii. The child of at least one parent who possessed at the time of the parent’s death, Bermudian status or Bermudian domicile under the provisions of the Immigration Act 1937.
‣ b. The applicant must have been educated in Bermuda for a minimum of five years. ‣ c. The applicant must satisfy at least ONE of the following requirements:
‣ d. The successful applicant is required to demonstrate outstanding academic performance.
‣ e. The successful applicant is required to demonstrate participation in extra-curricular activities and in community service.
‣ f. The applicant must be not less than seventeen years of age and must not have passed his/her twenty-third birthday by 1st October, 2013.
‣ g. Short listed applicants will be interviewed in July 2013.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Completed application forms should be mailed to the Scholarships and Awards Committee, Ministry of Education, P.O. Box HM 1185, Hamilton HM EX or application forms can be delivered to the Scholarships and Awards Committee, Ministry of Education, 14 Waller’s Point Road, Southside, St. Davids DD 03.
‣ Note: It is the responsibility of all applicants/bearers of applications to obtain a slip acknowledging receipt of the application.
‣ In the case of an application received by mail, an acknowledgement slip will be sent to the address provided on the application form.
‣ Completed application forms together with all available supporting documentation must be submitted to the Scholarships and Awards Committee, Ministry of Education, not later than 1st April, 2013
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official websiteYou may also like