Berlin Fellowships. The Berlin Program for Advanced German and European Studies is offering fellowships to scholars from the USA and Canada in all social science and humanities disciplines for a research period in Berlin of between 10-12 months. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Free University of Berlin | Germany
Level: Doctoral Dissertation Research
Field(s): all social science and humanities disciplines, including historians working on German and European history since the mid-18th century for a research period in Berlin of between 10-12 months.
Deadline: December 1, 2013.
Funded By: Free University of Berlin
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Berlin Fellowships are targeted for Students of USA and Canada.
‣ Award No: Approximately twelve fellows are selected. The numbers of reapplications are limited to two.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowships are awarded for a period between ten to twelve months and must be held for a single continuous period.
‣ Scholarship covers: Fellowship stipends are EUR 1100 per month for fellows working on a dissertation project and EUR 1400 per month for recent Ph.D. programs. The Program offers fellows, EUR 130 per month for each accompanying child and EUR 130 per month as spousal support if the spouse is not working or is on a fellowship. The Program provides one round-trip airfare for each fellow between the fellow’s residence at the time of award and Berlin. In addition, funds for intra-European research travel may be granted upon request.
‣ The Berlin Program for Advanced German and European Studies is pleased to solicit applications for its next Berlin Fellowships competition.
‣ The program offers fellowships to scholars in all social science and humanities disciplines, including historians working on German and European history since the mid-18th century for a research period in Berlin of between 10-12 months.
To be eligible for Berlin Fellowships, candidates must read the following informations:
‣ The program accepts applications from U.S. and Canadian nationals, permanent and long-term residents.
‣ Applicants for a dissertation fellowship must be full-time graduate students at a North American university who have completed all coursework required for the Ph.D. and must have achieved ABD (all but dissertation) status by the time of proposed research stay in Berlin begins.
‣ Also eligible are U.S. and Canadian Ph.D.s who have received their doctorates within the past two calendar years.
‣ Applicants should demonstrate a sound knowledge of the local context and the local research resources, i.e., specify why an extended period of research in Berlin is critical to the successful completion of their proposed research project.
‣ Winners are chosen in the following February.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applicants should submit the following documents in a single email to:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due by 01 December 2013.
You may also like
Your first paragraph ...