BELSPO Postdoctoral Fellowships for Non-EU Researchers in Belgium , and applications are submitted till april 30 2016 . The new BELSPO postdoctoral fellowship is open for non-EU researchers to work during 6 to 18 months in a Belgian research team. For this call, the list of target countries is limited to the BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa), all the African countries and Vietnam.The ultimate aim is to promote sustainable S&T collaborations between the research institutions and support the research networks. The fellowship offers a net monthly allowance of 2,430 EUR; a single payment of 1,500 EUR for the travel expenses from and to the country of origin; the personal liability insurance costs. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Hosting Countries): | Belgium
Level: Postdoctoral research programme
fellowships are offered in Chemistry, Economic Sciences, Information
Science and Engineering, Environmental and Geosciences, Life
Sciences, Mathematics, Social Sciences and Humanities. Applicants
are responsible for the choice of the discipline.
The experts in charge of the evaluation of the research project will
rise from this choice.
Deadline: April 30 2016
Federal Science Policy Office (BELSPO)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): BELSPO Postdoctoral Fellowships are opened for applicants from following targeted countries the BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa); all the African countries (Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi , Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria , Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe) and Vietnam are eligible to apply for these fellowships.
‣ Award No: not specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: 6 to 18 months
‣ Scholarship covers: The BELSPO Postdoctoral Fellowships comprises:
‣ The Federal Science Policy Office (BELSPO) is contributing to this objective by granting post-doc fellowships to non-EU researchers allowing them to work in a Belgian research team during a given period of time. The ultimate aim is to promote sustainable S&T collaborations between the research institutions and support the research networks.
‣ Although the expected level of command of English may vary depending on the school and, above all, the study program or course, the usual average English language requirement they will be required to have to study in Europe is 550 points (paper-based TOEFL test), or 213 points (computer-based TOEFL test), or 79-80 points (Internet-based TOEFL test), or 5.5 – 6.5 score in the IELTS test. If applicants have not taken either the TOEFL or IELTS tests and they would like to prove their level of knowledge of English with other exams, applicants will need to prove them have a level of command of English corresponding to the B1/B2 level (intermediate) according to the European language passport.
‣ The aime of the BELSPO Postdoctoral Fellowships is strengthening the bilateral Science & Technology collaborations by creating long-lasting partnerships and networks, in the framework of the European Research Area.
‣ hold a doctor’s degree at the date of entry the Fellowship,
‣ hold the doctor’s degree for less than 6 years on January 1st, 2016,
‣ not have been domiciled in Belgium for more than 12 months during the last 36 months preceding January 1st, 2016,
‣ not have already benefitted from a Postdoc Fellowship to non-EU researchers funded by BELSPO,
‣ have the nationality of a target country,
‣ be associated to research in one of the target countries.
‣ The target countries:
‣ For this Call, the list of target countries is limited to
‣ the BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa)
‣ all the African countries
‣ All applications implying a candidate or a home lab from another country will be dismissed.
Eligility Requirements for BELSPO Postdoctoral Fellowships :
‣ In order to be eligible applicants must hold a doctor’s degree at the date of entry the Fellowship.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications should be sent via post and also via e-mail.
‣ Here is the Application Form
‣ The application form is introduced both in hard and electronic copy (bernard.delhausse-at-belspo.be) to the Federal Science Policy Office by the Belgian promoter and have to be accompanied by:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on April 30th, 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.