Bellberry Limited and University of Sydney funded Postgraduate Scholarship in Indigenous Health and Biostatistics in Australia. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Sydney | Australia
Level: Postgraduate Degree
Field(s): indigenous health and biostatistics
Funded by: University of Sydney and Bellberry Limited.
Deadline: 29 March 2013.
Beneficiaries(Target Group): Scholarship is Open for Australian citizens.
Benefits( Value/ Inclusions):
‣ No. of Awards: not specified.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarship may be renewable for up to three years, subject to satisfactory progress, with the possibility of another 6 months funding if required.
‣ Scholarship covers: The scholarship is valued at $32,000 per annum (tax exempt).
‣ As a result of a donation from Bellberry Limited, a full-time postgraduate scholarship is available for a suitably qualified candidate with a Masters degree in Biostatistics to undertake research studies leading to a PhD in Biostatistics in the field of Indigenous health.
‣ The project is to investigate life course and intergenerational determinants of health among Indigenous Australians using Western Australian linked total population data for births from 1980 to 2009 for Western Australia and data from the 45 and Up Study in New South Wales.
‣ The PhD would be jointly supervised by Professor Sandra Eades (Indigenous health) and Professor Judy Simpson (biostatistics) in the School of Public Health.
‣ Applicants should have completed a Masters degree in biostatistics or equivalent and have a particular interest in life course epidemiology and perinatal epidemiology involving the use of linked total population data and large scale cohort studies.
‣ An interest in the health of Indigenous Australians would be viewed positively.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Further information can be obtained from Professor Sandra Eades (Sandra.eades-at-sydney.edu.au, 9351 4365) or Professor Judy Simpson (judy.simpson-at-sydney.edu.au, 9351 4369).
‣ Applications should be emailed to Professor Sandra Eades at the above email address and should include a curriculum vitae, a copy of an academic transcript, and the names and contact details of at least two referees.
‣ Scholarship Applications due date: Applications should be submitted till 29 March 2013.
‣ It is important to read the application guideline , and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like