Belgian Bilateral Scholarship Programme for Vietnamese Students in Belgium , and applications are submitted till 30 December, 2014. The government of Belgium is offering Belgian Bilateral Scholarship Programme for Vietnamese students to pursue master studies at Belgian universities. There will be 30 full master scholarships awarded for the academic year 2015-2016. The scholarship will cover a return ticket to Belgium, all tuition fees, basic health insurance and a monthly stipend and allowances. Women and candidates coming from remote areas are strongly encouraged to apply. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Belgian universities in Belgium | Belgium
Level: Master studies
Field(s): Within the framework of the Belgian Bilateral Scholarship Programme, the fields of study are not restricted but priority will be given to the areas of intervention of the Belgian development cooperation in Vietnam, notably: water and sanitation management, climate change, urbanization, engineering, and governance.
Deadline: 30 December, 2014.
Funded By: The government of Belgium
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Belgian Bilateral Scholarship Programme is targeted for students of Vietnam are eligible for this Belgian Bilateral Scholarship Programme.
‣ Award No: There will be 30 full master scholarships.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarships are offered for the academic year 2014-2015.
‣ Scholarship covers: The scholarship will cover a return ticket to Belgium, all tuition fees, basic health insurance and a monthly stipend and allowances.
‣ Within the framework of its cooperation programme with Vietnam, the government of Belgium wishes to support the government of Vietnam in its efforts to reduce poverty and achieve sustainable development.
‣ The Belgian Bilateral Scholarships (BBS) constitute an important component of this cooperation programme, which aims to contribute to the long-term growth and stability of Vietnam.
‣ Belgian Bilateral Scholarships, granted through the Directorate-General for Development Cooperation and Humanitarian Aid (DGD) under the Federal Public Service of Foreign Affairs, Foreign Trade and Development Cooperation, enable young professionals from Vietnam to pursue Master studies in Belgium and gain new expertise for the benefit of their country.
‣ The programme is managed and implemented by the Belgian Embassy in Hanoi and the Belgian Development Agency (BTC).
‣ Be a citizen of Vietnam, residing and working in Vietnam at the moment of application;
‣ Not have citizenship or permanent resident status of Belgium or any other developed countries on the OECD list;
‣ Not be married or engaged to a person holding or eligible to hold Belgian citizenship;
‣ Not be older than 35 years at the moment of application;
‣ Hold a full-time official university degree;
‣ Have minimum 02 full years of working experience (after undergraduate study up to the moment of application). The experience must be relevant to the selected Master study;
‣ Be fluent in English or in French. Requirements by BBS: French: at least DELF B2 / TCF 400-500; English: at least IELTS 6.5 / TOEFL computer 213 / TOEFL iBT 79-80.
Selection Criteria for Belgian Bilateral Scholarship Programme
‣ Besides the criteria to assess the applicants’ qualification and motivation, the Selection Committee will also take into consideration the geographical, sectoral and institutional balance of all selected courses before making a final decision on awarding the scholarships.
‣ Interviews will be conducted in February 2015. The result of interviews and of application to all applicants will be informed (by the Belgian Embassy) by the end of March 2015.
‣ Documents that should accompany the application form (All documents in Vietnamese must be a legalized true copy, with certified translation in English or French)
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 30 December, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.