Beijing Government Scholarships for International Students and applications are submitted till end of February. Applications are invited for Beijing government scholarships from international students studying or applying for studying in Beijing. Duration differs with respect to the subjects chosen. It takes around 4 to 5 years for undergraduates, 2 to 3 years for Masters degree candidates and 3 years for PhD degree candidates. The duration varies for Chinese language students, general scholar candidates and senior scholar candidates. An applicant receives financial support from other Chinese government scholarship programs or organizations/agencies would not be eligible for the Beijing Municipal Government Scholarship. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Beijing (China)
Level: Bachelor’s, masters and doctoral degree,Senior training or long-term language program
Field(s): Courses offered in Chinese universities and colleges in Beijing region
Deadline: Students must notice that applications with application materials should be handed to the relevant university or college before the end of February.
Funded By: Beijing Government
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Beijing Government Scholarships are targeted for International Students.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: 1.Applicants for Bachelor’s, Masters and Doctoral
Degrees in Chinese universities and colleges in Beijing region: Duration of scholarship should be under 4 years.
2.Beijing Government Scholarships Applicants for Chinese language training or relevant advanced studies in Chinese universities and colleges in the Beijing region: Duration of scholarship should be under one year. 3.Scholars and international students for specialized training in Chinese universities and colleges in Beijing region: Duration of scholarship should be under one year. 4.Exchange students or students with outstanding contributions to international education in Beijing: Duration of scholarship should be under one year.
‣ Scholarship covers: The Beijing Municipal Government Scholarship for International Students only covers tuition fees. According to the applicants’ status, allowance for scholarship students can be classified into 5 types: 1) 40,000 RMB/year for a Doctoral degree 2) 30,000 RMB/year for a Masters degree 3) 20,000 RMB/year/ for a Bachelor degree 4) 10,000 RMB/year for senior training or long-term language program 5) 5,000 RMB/year for Exchange students or students with outstanding contributions to international education in Beijing.
‣ The Beijing Government Scholarship (BGS) was established by Beijing Municipal Government, aiming to provide tuition fees fully or partially to the international students studying or applying for studying in Beijing.
‣ Its administrative office is the International Cooperation and Exchange Office of Beijing Municipal Commission of Educations, which is in charge of project establishment, review, acceptance and daily management of the B Government Scholarship Program.
‣ The international students applying for the Beijing Government Scholarships shall normally submit relevant materials to the universities in Beijing that he/she hope to apply by the end of February every year.
‣ For specific application means, you can consult the government departments and relevant institutions responsible for dispatching students abroad in your country, Chinese embassies or consulates; you can also visit the Web of Beijing Municipal Commission of Education to inquiry; or directly apply to the universities qualified to issue such scholarship in Beijing. Duration differs with respect to the subjects chosen.
‣ Generally speaking, it takes 4 to 5 years for undergraduates, 2 to 3 years for Masters degree candidates, and 3 years for PhD degree candidates.
‣ The duration varies for Chinese language students, general scholar candidates, and senior scholar candidates.
Have what it takes to avail Beijing Government Scholarships?
1.Applicants must be non-Chinese nationals in good health.
2.Educational background and age limit
3. Requirement for the applicant’s language proficiency is based on requirements of the academic programs and determined by the individual higher learning institution.
4. An applicant receives financial support from other Chinese government scholarship programs or organizations/agencies would not be eligible for the Beijing Municipal Government Scholarship for International Students
‣ Application procedures, timing and documents
‣ Application timing.
‣ Selection of Institutions and Specialties
‣ Approvals and Notification
1)Institutions of higher education in Beijing will review all application materials of qualified applicants for the scholarship will be forwarded to the Beijing Government Scholarship for International Students to make a further review.
2)Institutions will send the Scholarship Letter, Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China to applicants who will be confirmed as Scholarship students three months before the opening of the new academic year.
3)The application will be seen as invalid and will not be processed if applicants are not qualified or application materials are inconsistent with recruitment regulations or are incomplete.
4)Each year, schools will review academic performance of each scholarship recipient. The scholarship recipient would disqualify if they violate Chinese laws, disobey school rules or guidelines of the Beijing Municipal Government Scholarship for International Students. After students finish studying, institutions will conduct a comprehensive review on each student, and send a report to the Leadership Group for Establishing the Scholarship Program for International Students and put it on record.
‣ Visa Applications and Registrations in China Visa Application
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like